Health Information Management Coding Educator II Job in Irving
The Health Information Management Coding Educator II is a system support position that provides leadership, support, and direction, for the System Director of Health Information Management and the staff involved in the health information and records services departments with a special focus on coding education and working with the coding compliance staff. Working with the HIM Coding Education Director, the educator provides professional services training, consultation, audit and feedback to clinicians on their documentation and coding. The Coding Educator provides for education and training for facility healthcare professionals on use of coding guidelines and practices, proper documentation techniques, medical terminology and disease process. The Health Information Management Coding Educator II works collaboratively with system Revenue Cycle, the facility Health Information and Records Services departments, Patient Access Teams, Patient Financial Services, Shared Services, Case Management, Physicians, hospital leadership and management under the direction of the HIM Coding Education Director. The Health Information Management Coding Educator II is responsible for supporting adherence to CHRISTUS standards and directives and other regulatory requirements including Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the Joint Commission, and HIPAA standards related to HIM.
- Facilitate and/ or instruct associate coding education programs.
- Advises current associates relative to their coding education performance and maintains appropriate documentation thereof.
- Under the direction of the HIM Coding Education Director the HIM Coding Educator will:
- Assist with development and coordination of coding education and coding training to all appropriate personnel, including HIM coding staff, physicians, billing personnel, and ancillary in areas relevant to health information management including appropriate documentation, accurate coding, modifier assignment, compliance and data management.
- Assist with coding consultants and other contracted entities (for example, outsourced coding personnel) to ensure that they understand and agree to adhere to the organization’s HIM education requirements.
- Manages implementation and maintenance of education programs pertaining to Inpatient and Outpatient Coding DRG assignment, APC coding, POA assignment, Discharge Disposition assignment, coding compliance education and assists with ongoing monitoring of coding accuracy and documentation adequacy
- Work collaboratively with Coding Compliance. Reviews audit results and performs trend analyses to identify patterns and variations in coding practices and case-mix index which require education.
- Serves as a resource for department Directors, staff, physicians, and administration to obtain education, training or information on accurate and ethical coding and documentation standards, guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures maintenance of attendance rosters and documentation (agenda, job aids) for HIM training programs.
- Ensures development or procurement of instructional materials to include course plans, objectives, audiovisual aids, lab activities, and evaluation tools.
- Ensure instruction of associates is appropriate and effective. Assesses course effectiveness through associate evaluations.
- Bachelor's Degree
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.