Health Information Management Coder Lead - REMOTE
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Woodgate IV Bldg
Share This Job On
Health Information Management Coder Lead - REMOTE Job in Tyler
***CHRISTUS Health offers the Health Information Management Coder Lead role as a REMOTE work opportunity.
Selected by CHRISTUS Health Coding Leadership, to focus coding skills and expertise to foster an environment of teamwork and service excellence mentoring, training, cross training their designated Regional Inpatient or Outpatient Coding team. Coding Lead will work with Coders as a resource to maintaining current and high-quality ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS and/or CPT coding for the Inpatient and or/ Outpatient diagnoses and procedural occurrences, through the review of clinical documentation and diagnostic results, with a consistent coding accuracy rate of 95% or better. Coding Leads will work to ensure Coders abstract data into any and all appropriate CHRISTUS Health electronic medical record systems, verifying accurate patient dispositions and physician data, following the Official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and AMA CPT Guidelines. Coding Lead will act as a liaison for coding related questions, providing clear and concise written or verbal responses, citing official coding guidelines and Coding Clinics.
Coding Lead will work to resolve errors reports associated with billing process, identify and report error patterns, and, when necessary, assist in performance improvement activities with other team associates.
Coding Lead will work collaboratively with various CHRISTUS Health departments, included but not limited to HIM and Clinical Documentation Specialists, to ensure accurate and complete physician documentation to support accurate billing and reduce denials. Coder will also assist in other areas of the department, as requested by leadership.
Coding Lead will report directly to their Regional Coding Manager, with additional leadership from the Director of Coding Operations and System HIM Director.
- Completion of Accredited Baccalaureate Health Informatics or Health Information Management or an AHIMA approved Coding Certificate Program, preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently in a remote setting, with little supervision.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Inpatient and/or Outpatient coding experience in an acute care setting. (Coding supervisory experience is preferred) (Experience coding the following specialties is preferred: Orthopedics, Neurology/Neurosurgery, Anesthesia, Ophthalmology, Pain, & Rehabilitation)
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) (AHIMA)
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) (AHIMA)
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) (AHIMA)
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) (AAPC)
- Certified Interventional Radiology and Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC) (AAPC)