Apply Now HB Revenue Cycle Business Specialist/Full-Time Job in Santa Fe
POSITION SUMMARY: The Level I Team Associate is an entry-level position that is responsible for the duties and services that are of a support nature to the Hospital Business Office.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: None required
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in order to present and explain information to internal and external customers
- Ability to write letters using proper English, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation
- Must have practical experience with Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook applications. Also, any other computer applications related to the work (document imaging systems, Organizational Share Point, Revenue Cycle systems)
- Must have ability to make independent decisions that are generally guided by established procedures
- Must have a desire to learn ethical and compliant business practices.
- Must be able to handle sensitive, stressful and confidential situations and account information.
- Must have, or be able to develop, excellent 10-key skill-set.
- Must have knowledge to perform functions requiring the use of the Internet.
- Willingness and ability to learn new tasks.
- Must understand and adhere to HIPAA rules and regulations
- Must be able to use standard office equipment
- Healthcare Information Systems as appropriate including patient accounting systems and patient registrations systems
- GENERAL/ORGANIZATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Quality/Compliance: Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring Organizational policies and all regulatory requirements.
- Customer focus: Strives for high customer satisfaction, going out of our way to be helpful and pleasant, making it as easy as possible on the patient, family member or customer rather than our department or organization.
- Safety Mindset: Promptly reports or corrects any unsafe condition. Records/reports the need for service maintenance or repair of equipment and removes any faulty equipment from service.
- Communication: Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others, keeping others informed.
- Collegiality: Is helpful, respectful, approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Initiative: Takes ownership of the work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through
- Efficiency: Plans, manages time well, is on time, is cost conscious, and thinks of better ways to do things.
- Coach-ability: Is receptive to feedback, demonstrates a willingness to learn, and embraces continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates an ability to work in a collaborative manner.
- Diversity: Acknowledges and respects cultural diversity in all interactions.
EXPERIENCE: Clerical and/or administrative office experience preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
Responsible to: Manager, Business Office
-Bloodborne pathogen: A
Works in a clean, well-lighted smoke free environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Long periods of sitting, walking. Must be flexible in work schedule. Subject to stressful situations. Extended use of video display terminal and keyboard utilizing sound ergonomic principles. May be required to push, pull or lift up to 20 pounds.