GrME Program Specialist I - Med Education Family Medicine
Education and Research
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
GrME Program Specialist I - Med Education Family Medicine Job in Corpus Christi
With oversight and direction from the DIO, GMEC, Systems GME Office, and the Program Director (PD) the GME Program Coordinator is responsible for the operational and financial management of residency/fellowship training and approved educational programs.
The PC assists in developing and maintaining the educational quality of the training program and ensuring compliance with relevant accreditation standards and other regulatory requirements. The PC functions as a liaison between the PD, residents/fellows, faculty, the DIO, GME Systems Office, participating sites, and other departments. PCs should be knowledgeable about compliance and regulatory requirements at the various training sites in which their residents/fellows rotate. The position requires a comprehensive and detailed understanding of national accreditation policies and hospital policies, as well as a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
The PC will continually assess and direct a wide range of programmatic issues including long range planning, recruiting trainees, developing projects, analyzing administrative workflow, maintaining databases, communicating with faculty and trainees regarding a range of issues, and managing internal and external program relations.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Recommended but not required: TAGME and Specialty Specific Administration Membership Status
- Documented and appraised industry experience at related level of functioning: less than 2 years
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to organize information.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with absolute confidentiality.
- Working knowledge of software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to make decisions independently or to escalate issues as needed.
- Working knowledge to be attained within 6 months of accepting role/ grade/ appointment/ approval, of software applications adopted for the residency / fellowship/ educational programs
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.