Graphic Designer II
CHRISTUS System Office
Marketing and Communications
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Graphic Designer II Job in Irving
This position is responsible for creating deliverables in a variety of formats to meet the needs of the System office, CHRISTUS Southeast Texas and the CHRISTUS South Texas region, which includes CHRISTUS Spohn Health System and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System.
Graphic designers combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of created documents. They may use a variety of design elements to achieve artistic or decorative effects. Utilizing their skills and experience in a number of technology and software programs, the designer will design and create, coordinate, produce and edit a wide variety of outputs, for internal and external use. This may include—but is not limited to—flyers, booklets, brochures, posters, internal signage, templates, banners and illustrations along with any other visual materials needed to communicate a desired message to reach a target audience.
The Designer will adhere to and help implement CHRISTUS Health’s brand standards, which direct things like image choice, messaging and tone, and font and icon selection, to create a consistent CHRISTUS brand nationally and internationally. To accomplish this, the designer will work under the direction of CHRISTUS Health’s Creative Services Manager and collaborate closely with the system VP of Communications and Public Affairs as well as key system Marketing/Communications leaders.
- Work with internal clients to determine their requirements and budget and create outputs to meet their needs. Brief and advise them with regard to design style, format, print production and timetables.
- Manage client proposals from concept through to design, print and production.
- Use programs such as Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to design and create, coordinate, produce and edit a wide variety of outputs, for internal and external use. This may include—but is not limited to—flyers, booklets, brochures, posters, internal signage, templates, banners and illustrations.
- Help implement CHRISTUS Health’s new brand standards by adhering to guidelines related to image choice, messaging and tone, and font and icon selection, to create a consistent CHRISTUS brand nationally and internationally.
- Coordinate all administrative aspects of production, including creating initial designs and receiving approval; preparing final designs for print or presentation; checking and receiving approval for all color, copy, text, and format selections; and scaling images for print production.
- Ensures that all parties are informed of and meet deadlines.
- Represent regions and CHRISTUS system on various internal committees and task forces, as requested.
- Maintain ad agency relationship and vendor relationships, as appropriate to responsibilities.
- Work collaboratively with members of the CHRISTUS Health Communications and Marketing Teams to assist in implementing strategies.
- Work with designated printer(s) to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects, prioritizing by deadline and importance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Art Design, Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, or related field or an equivalent of education plus experience required.
- Must have working knowledge of two- and four-color print press processes.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time, including Microsoft Office tools and various graphics and video programs including but not limited to Macintosh, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create designs for digital and print production.
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion, including some weekends and evenings.
- Must be able to work rapidly, under pressure, and with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with strong conceptual skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- 3 - 5 years of direct experience in marketing, communications, or graphic design required.
- 3+ years in a health care setting is helpful but not required.
- Extensive experience utilizing technology and software tools like Macintosh, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop to create designs for digital and print production.