Financial Systems Analyst
CHRISTUS System Office
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Financial Systems Analyst Job in Irving
Under the direction of the Director of Financial Reporting, this position is responsible for analyzing, researching, interpreting and reporting complex issues. Position is expected to work independently and be able to lead assigned projects. Serve as a core member of the overall team and being responsible for providing analytical validation of loaded data each period. In addition, they will provide assistance to management in operational areas by developing new reports and analyses, and provides a deeper level of understanding of existing reports, and integrating their knowledge and experience into the decision making process. Supports and promotes the use and understanding of other management systems as appropriate and assists in the development of business plans, variance analysis and ad-hoc reporting. Excellent communication skills are required to build relationships and collaborate with stakeholders to gather data and create solutions. As a member of the Finance team, this role is expected to lead efforts in improving financial processes ensuring data quality and reporting accuracy as well as efficiency while building relationships in the organization that instill trust and reduce redundancies.MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the monthly close process ensuring timely submittal of financials from all parties and expediting problem solving when delays occur
- Validate financial and statistical information after data loads and when historical changes are necessary.
- Prepare custom ad-hoc reports as requested and designing them in a scalable format.
- Administer trainings for software used by the Financial Reporting team to share knowledge with any potential end-users of the system.
- Look for and design process improvements through the close & reporting process.
- Work with other team members independently to lead or collaborate to find solutions.
- Maintain BIRST (Business Intelligence) models and build/validate visualizer & designer reports.
- Coordinate and map financials and statistical information for newly acquired entities to report with the CHRISTUS Health consolidated financials.
- Prepare footnotes at year-end for the audit.
- Maintain Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) Metadata as well as Financial Data Management (FDM) mappings and locations.
- Co-ordinate extracts and ensure accuracy prior to and after loading to FDM
- Assist with implementation of new processes and systems working with various other departments.
- Working on other tasks assigned by the Director of Financial Reporting.
- Bachelor's in Accounting/Finance or the equivelant years of relevant work experience
- Advanced in Microsoft Office Excel VBA Macros, Sumifs, IndexMatch
- Advanced knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and Financial Data Management (FDM) system administration required
- Three (3)+ years of related work experience required (7+ years with no degree required)
- One (1)+ years of healthcare experience preferred
- Two (2)+ years of accounting/finance experience preferred