Financial Representative Senior - Cash Unapplied (Hiring Incentive Available)
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Financial Representative Senior - Cash Unapplied (Hiring Incentive Available) Job in Irving
The associate is responsible for the duties and services that are of a support nature to the Revenue Cycle division of CHRISTUS Health. The associate ensures that all processes are performed in a timely and efficient manner. The primary purpose of this position is to ensure account resolution and reconciliation of outstanding balances for CHRISTUS Health patient accounts. The position works in a cooperative team environment to provide value to internal and external customers.
The associate carries out his/her duties by adhering to the highest standards of ethical and moral conduct, acts in the best interest of CHRISTUS Health and fully supports CHRISTUS Health's Mission, Philosophy and core values of Dignity, Integrity, Compassion, Excellence and Stewardship.
- Performs Revenue Cycle functions in a manner that meets or exceeds CHRISTUS Health key performance metrics.
- Ensures PFS departmental quality and productivity standards are met.
- Collects and provides patient and payor information to facilitate account resolution.
- Responds to all types of account inquires through written, verbal or electronic correspondence.
- Maintains payor specific knowledge of insurance and self-pay billing and follow up guidelines and regulations for third-party payers. Maintains working knowledge of all functions within Revenue Cycle.
- Responsible for professional and effective written and verbal communication with both internal and external customers in order to resolve outstanding questions for account resolution.
- Meets or exceeds customer expectations and requirements, and gains customer trust and respect.
- Compliant with all CHRISTUS Health, payer and government regulations.
- Exhibits a strong working knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 coding regulations and guidelines.
- Appropriately documents patient accounting host system or other systems utilized by PFS in accordance with policy and procedures. Provides continuous updates and information to PFS Leadership Team regarding errors, issues, and trends related to activities affecting productivity, reimbursement, payment delays, and/or patient experience.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Ensures all payments are retrieved and posted accurately and timely through reconciliation of patient accounting system and bank statement.
- Researches submitted cash payments by verifying patient account numbers and appropriate facility.
- Monitor and performs cash reconciliation to identify cash posting errors and ensures all receipts are applied and reconciles to daily bank deposit and monthly bank statements.
- Review and post cash corrections, to include resolving patient complaints and inquiries from PFS, Finance, Facilities, and Vendor Partners.
- Resolve and Research unapplied cash, to include continuous follow-up until payment identification is made for application of payment or refund.
- Prefer minimum of 2 years’ experience with insurance billing, collections, payment, and reimbursement verification and/or refunds
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication required.
- Experience working within a multi-facility hospital business office environment preferred.
- College education, previous Insurance Company claims experience and/or health care billing trade school education may be considered in lieu of formal hospital experience.
- Experience working with inpatient and outpatient billing requirements of UB-04 and HCFA 1500 billing forms preferred.