CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Finance Manager Job in Irving
The Forecasting and Budgeting Manager is responsible for managing the annual budgeting and on-going rolling forecasting processes including the compilation and integration of the System's annual operating budget. This position is responsible for managing the development of the System's forecasting and budgeting model within the planning application. The Manager shall oversee the development of the planning application including service line budgeting and forecasting, reimbursement modeling, flexible budget reporting, and rolling forecasting by entity and ministry using appropriate forecasting techniques including but not limited to modeling, applicable statistical theories, risk analysis, and sensitivity analysis. The Manager shall oversee the continued maintenance and development of the planning functions including budgeting, rolling forecasting and the implementation of new techniques and model designs to supplement the planning application. The Manager should have the ability to identify significant operational opportunities or threats, interpret trends, and analyze statistical findings. The Manager shall administer the compilation of data from internal and external sources, the development of budgets and forecasts based on ministry strategies, and the development of different scenarios based on potentially new, emerging trends and technologies. The Manager will collaborate with the Corporate Strategy Team to ensure strategies are fully integrated into the planning processes. The Manager shall coordinate the development of key assumptions and risks regarding forecasts based on market research, industry studies, and drivers of consumer behavior. The Manager shall oversee and assist in the development of forecasts relative to Regional and System financial positions including but not limited to debt capacity, cash, and receivable management. This position requires a bachelor’s degree in either accounting or finance. A master’s degree in either accounting or finance or a CPA (Certified Public Accountant) is preferred; however, equivalent experience will be considered. The Manager of Forecasting & Budgeting may have direct supervision of lead financial analysts and/or senior financial analysts.
This position will support the Director of Financial Reporting, Vice President of Operational Analytics, and Ministry leadership in analyzing ministry operations including but not limited to comparing operations to industry trends, and analyzing cost drivers and revenue opportunities.
- Provide leadership for the selection, training, development, and performance outcomes of the Associates in the areas of responsibility to include Lead Financial Analysts and/or Senior Financial Analysts.
- Regular interaction and communication with members of Ministry Management and many other associates (both financial and non-financial) requiring excellent interpersonal skills.
- Place high focus on process improvement and on the development of the skills and knowledge of Associates in the financial reporting area to include healthcare accounting, financial reporting and analysis, and maintenance of system-wide information management system infrastructures.
- Enhance the work environment to ensure Associate satisfaction and engagement
- As needed, responsible for educational conferences and seminars for associates relative to financial reporting issues and/or accounting issues, new pronouncements or standards.
- Develop and lead budgeting and forecast programs including establishing and improving processes and timelines.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Ministry finance associates in the analysis, interpretation, and potential leveraging of information provided by the regional forecasts.
- Resolve or facilitate the resolution of issues and concerns that create barriers to a high performing team and work environment.
- Support the Director of Financial Reporting in the favorable completion of reporting requirements to the CHRISTUS Health Board of Directors and the CHRISTUS Health Finance & Strategy Committee.
- Manage and assist in developing regional operational forecasts by service line, using encounter level reimbursement and cost data, market and industry research, strategic plans, and other operational factors.
- Manage and assist in developing regional forecasts of Region's financial position.
- Coordinate the refinement of the regional forecast models as an effective tool in making informed operational and strategic decisions through continuous development of more efficient data capture methods and application of the latest forecasting techniques to the model.
- Facilitate the development of key forecast assumptions through the integration of the capital plan into the strategic plan.
- Support Region Leadership team in identifying and strategically planning for potential challenges and opportunities through the use of forecasting and operational analysis by service line and physician profitability.
- Support Region's management in conducting scenario based analysis in planning application.
- Facilitate the evaluation of debt capacity, receivable management, and cash management through scenario based forecasting.
- Ensure the reconciliation of actual data in planning application to the general ledger.
- Coordinate the consolidation of operating and capital budgets, including the evaluation of assumptions and the integration of strategic plans into operational and capital budgets.
- Ensure budgets are completed in accordance to the budget timeline set forth by senior management and the Senior Vice President Finance.
- Manage and coordinate the development of department level metrics related to Dynamic Planning/Management Reporting continuous operational improvement tools.
- Support Ministry management and System associates with data requests and analyses.
- Support the Director of Financial Reporting on special projects.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or Health Care Administration preferred; however equivalent experience will be considered.
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare industry highly preferred.
- Seven (7) or more years of advanced experience in financial reporting and analysis.
- Strong knowledge base, including familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, special projects, and complex assignments.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in interacting with all levels of management and other associates.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and perform a variety of complex tasks and projects.
- Ability to execute and integrate complex financial analyses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products required.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and other applicable regulatory rules, regulations & legislation as related to accounting functions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of personnel in a large organization.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial data.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
- Deadline-oriented and ability to multi-task.