Field Service Technician Intern
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Information Mgmt-79100
1453 E Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
Shreveport, LA 71105
Share This Job On
Apply Now Field Service Technician Intern Job in Shreveport
The Field Services Technician is responsible for the day-to-day operational support of the end user community through the installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of workstation and peripheral equipment. This includes the resolution of problems reported by the Customer Support Center and the implementation of new functionality. Documentation and adherence to policies, procedures and standards of the organization is an important part of this position. The Field Services Technician is responsible for delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both the technology and processes. The Field Services Technician is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Department, the Information Services Organization, and the organization as a whole.
- Ethics and Values -- Adheres to an appropriate (for the setting) and effective set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values; rewards the right values and disapproves of others; practices what he/she preaches.
- Creativity -- Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus -- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with the customers in mind; established and maintains effective relationships with customers and garnishes their trust and respect.
- Decision Quality -- Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Drive for Results -- Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line orientated; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Peer Relationships -- Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; is seen as a team player and is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration; can be candid with peers.
- Priority Setting -- Spends his/her time and the time of others on what's important; quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- High school diploma and personal computer equipment service training or equivalent work experience recommended.
- Basic PC, peripherals and desktop operating system knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of desktop operating system software.
- Basic project management.
- Problem solving skills.
- Patience, strong customer service skills.
- Multi-tasking ability.
- Time management.
- Detail oriented.
- Interpersonal skills.
One year's experience with the support of PC's or equivalent technical training on support and operation of PC's recommended
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
Valid Driver's License