Field Service Technician I Job in Beaumont
The Field Services Technician is responsible for the day-to-day operational support of the end user community through the installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of workstation and peripheral equipment. This includes the resolution of problems reported by the Customer Support Center and the implementation of new functionality. Documentation and adherence to policies, procedures and standards of the organization is an important part of this position. The Field Services Technician is responsible for delivering high quality, cost effective solutions to all levels of users. This includes support for both the technology and processes. The Field Services Technician is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Department, the Information Services Organization, and the organization as a whole.
- Problem Solving – Effectively assess, diagnose and resolve basic configuration and hardware problems. Quickly and efficiently resolve problems assigned by the Customer Support Center. Assess overall performance of workstations and implement standard maintenance procedures to maximize performance.
- Workstation Software – With supervision, install, configure and maintain operating system software on client workstations. Provide support on basic features of application software such as initiation of software, logging on, navigation and termination. Understand a subset of the total configurations in the organization. Install, configure and maintain multiple workstation operating systems that include DOS, Windows v3.11, Windows 95, Windows 98, NetWare, Windows NT and Windows 2000. Install and maintain software images that assists in managing client workstations.
- Workstation Hardware – With direction install, configure and maintain hardware for client workstations. Client hardware includes workstation hardware such as processors, memory, hard drives, modems, video cards, monitors, peripherals, and CD-ROM drives. Possess the skills and knowledge in client workstation technology to support configurations in the organization.
- LAN Administration - With supervision, stop and restart services, shutdown and restart operating system software on Windows NT, 2000 and Novell servers.
- Network Administration - With supervision Telnets to local LAN switches and Hubs, activates ports for workstations and printers.
- Telecom – With supervision assists in the support and maintenance of the telecommunication systems – capable of providing dial-tone to the desktop.
- Desktop Hardware and Software – With direction, install, configure and maintain hardware and software.
- Communications - Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills.
- Inventory Management – Track and document the hardware and software inventory.
- Standards – Install, configure and maintain standards associated with workstation and peripheral procedures and documentation.
- Policies and Procedures – Follow established policies, procedures and standards defined by the department.
- Communications - Demonstrate strong communication and human relationship skills. Vendor Management – Contact vendors regarding service issues to receive support information or assistance as instructed by the supervisor.
- Documentation – Produce and maintain technical documentation on the assigned systems.
- Reporting – Produce required department reporting associated with projects assigned by manager and problems assigned through help desk queues. Documentation includes current status and problem documentation summary within the problem management system.
- Project Management - With supervision, execute priorities, understand business application, answer technical questions and perform all assigned tasks. Serve as a resource to the project team for assigned client applications.
- Teamwork – Maintain and demonstrate good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
- Customer Service - Provide effective Customer Service by being courteous, polite and friendly toward others at all times. Acknowledge customers immediately in order to determine need and help the customer resolve issue or request. Participate in departmental programs that promote and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Other – Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the Market Operations Manager.
- High School Diploma