Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab Job in Corpus Christi
Develops individual exercise, training, and nutrition programs to provide treatment for patients. Conducts fitness testing to assess physical condition. Sets up and checks equipment for stress testing and administers tests to patients following established procedures as directed by a physician. Prepares and secures electrodes to ensure interpretable results; explains methods and procedure to patient while evaluating patient's total condition throughout the tests. Records and calculates all necessary parameters and interprets ECG tracings for diagnostic purposes. Interprets test results and makes recommendations for improvement.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Exercise Field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Two years of direct cardiac and or pulmonary patient care experience in acute or rehabilitation setting preferred.
- Cardiac or Pulmonary Rehabilitation Internship of 400 or more hours in length preferred.
- Experience with computers to include use of all Microsoft Office Programs.
- Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist Certification, preferred (American College of Sports Medicine Registry).
- Verbal ability to facilitate communication with professional medical staff, patients and their families and the public.
- Able to provide leadership and direction within her/his duties for the optimal functioning of the team.
- CPR (American Heart Association)