5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
Share This Job On
Apply Now Exercise Physiologist - Cardiac Rehab Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
Develops individual exercise, training, and nutrition programs to provide treatment for patients. Conducts fitness testing to assess physical condition. Sets up and checks equipment for stress testing and administers tests to patients following established procedures as directed by a physician. Prepares and secures electrodes to ensure interpretable results; explains methods and procedure to patient while evaluating patient's total condition throughout the tests. Records and calculates all necessary parameters and interprets ECG tracings for diagnostic purposes. Interprets test results and makes recommendations for improvement.
· Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Exercise Field required, Master’s degree preferred.
· Two years of direct cardiac and or pulmonary patient care experience in acute or rehabilitation setting preferred.
· Cardiac or Pulmonary Rehabilitation Internship of 400 or more hours in length preferred.
· Experience with computers to include use of all Microsoft Office Programs.
· Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist Certification, preferred (American College of Sports Medicine Registry).
· Verbal ability to facilitate communication with professional medical staff, patients and their families and the public.
· Able to provide leadership and direction within her/his duties for the optimal functioning of the team.
· CPR (American Heart Association)