Executive Assistant - Governance
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Executive Assistant - Governance Job in Irving
Performs diverse executive level administrative duties to provide support to the System Director for Philanthropy and Administrative Services, Corporate Secretary and Assistant Corporate Secretaries of the CHRISTUS Health Board by organizing and coordinating the day-to-day operations of the Governance Department.By nature of the position, a high degree of professionalism is required in dealing with sensitive and proprietary information, and interaction with board members and executive leadership requiring the use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, judgement, and independent decision making.
- Works directly with the Corporate Secretaries and Executive Leaders to assist in the preparation for board and committee meetings, including helping coordinate the materials needed for the meetings, building the board books on the board portal as needed, and managing the meetings.
- Files and maintains CHRISTUS organizational documents, board and committee minutes, and other legal document related to board management.
- Develops and maintains yearly master calendars of CHRISTUS Board, Board committees and CHRISTUS Member meetings.
- Develops and maintains the lists for all board and committee members, tracking the board terms and tenures.
- Maintains the contract with the board portal vendor, tracking access for the system and regional/operating unit boards and committees and managing the inventory and distribution of computer hardware needed for access.
- Tracks and manages the board compensation, including work with accounting to develop the tax-reporting for board compensation and communications related to compensation.
- Directs incoming and outgoing communications via phone & email for vendors/associates/patients and the public.
- Assists with the logistics of the system board and committee meetings, including event planning and oversight, meeting logistics, and individual member travel as needed.
- Manages and processes the expense reports for board members and congregation members.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, presentations, and meetings for the Governance Department.
- Assists in the preparation of board and committee minutes as needed; Assists in the preparation of board and committee presentations as needed.
- Coordinates and manages travel for the corporate secretaries; manages the department purchasing.
- Manages the expense reports and invoices for the department, including budget tracking, coding and record-keeping.
- Ensure that the office environment provides for the appropriate hospitality and supports the needs of CHRISTUS board members, Associates, visitors, and other business associates.
- KRONOS – maintain and update time for the corporate secretaries on a bi-weekly basis (Chief Administrative Officer has final approval)
- Manages and executes a variety of special projects, which may involve the highest level of confidential information.
- Cooperates and coordinates with other administrative assistants to ensure office support is available when away from the office.
- Assists with CHRISTUS Health Foundation administrative needs.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and executive assistant skills
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Knowledge of legal terminology and governance
- Initiative with ability to anticipate needs
- Ability and desire to work in a demanding team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- 5-10 years administrative assistant experience, with evidence of increasing responsibilities and advancement
- Four-year college attendance, associate degree or equivalent preferred
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products; i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Notary Public preferred, paralegal certification preferred