Apply Now Executive Assistant - CCVI Job in San Antonio
The Executive Assistant supports the CCVI Congregational Leader, other members of the General Leadership Team (GLT), and the mission of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word. The person in this position performs tactical and strategic administrative duties, which include effective written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish, exercising strong personal initiative in ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the GLT, working closely in support of the Congregational Leader and the GLT, performing routine executive and administrative functions such as composing correspondence, managing schedules and travel arrangements for the GLT and selected committee members, and coordinating and overseeing major Congregational events and meetings. This position reports to the CCVI Congregational Leader.
- Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborate- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Customer focus- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Nimble learning- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Demonstrates self-awareness- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses. Communicates effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Decision quality- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Ensures that the offices of the GLT operate efficiently
- Performs various complex and global administrative tasks and activities which include:
- Maintaining schedules and data, compiling data and generating reports
- Scheduling GLT appointments and meetings, and calendar management
- Answering, screening, and routing telephone calls in a professional manner
- Preparing and editing bilingual GLT communications and presentations
- Translating documents within the office and other departments as needed
- Making travel arrangements for GLT and others as designated
- Handling Visa procedures for GLT for travel outside the USA & Mexico
- Providing verbal and written bilingual translation support for GLT, Congregational committees and others as needed
- Providing team support within the USA and Mexico administrative offices
- Assisting with logistic coordination of special events, such as multinational meetings and conferences
- Providing written summations of meetings as assigned
- Being flexible in working outside regular business hours if required or urgent, and to travel internationally occasionally.
- Demonstrates strong discipline, work ethic, creativity and expertise in general administrative tasks
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team and supports team building among the staff
- Requires discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy
- Maintains files and records for GLT and the Congregation
- Maintains the Corporate and Congregational minutes
- Manages and is responsible for the upkeep and scheduling of Brackenridge Villa
- Collaborates closely with public relations, development, communication, finance office and other administrative support staff to ensure administrative needs of the Congregation are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Works with vendors, ministry leaders and others as appropriate
- Assumes responsibility for all other duties as assigned
Minimum of high school diploma with substantial administrative experience
At least five years of experience in Business Office Management and Executive Assistant position
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Zoom and Diligent board books
- Willingness to learn new technologies as needed
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Demonstrate high-energy, positive and flexible approach in the workplace
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team member
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Bilingual English / Spanish required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work independently and inter-dependently
- Ability to develop meeting agendas and materials
- Strong clerical proficiencies to include shorthand or other method to quickly take minutes and notes and rapid, accurate typing ability