Apply Now Epic Quality Assurance Analyst Job in Tyler
The Quality Assurance Analyst II is responsible for applying Quality Assurance/Release Management concepts to test application changes, updates, and enhancements. This position will interact with Clinical, Revenue Cycle and Technical Leaders, Project Managers and Analysts. This position will also develop, evaluate, revise, apply and document quality assurance processes, methods, and test plans to inspect and test a variety of IS applications and workflows. This position also develops, audits, monitors, and enforces the established release management processes and policies in support of cross-domain configuration integration, testing, completeness, and consistency.
- Collaborates across project borders with other teams. Thinks creatively and proposes practical solutions to issues. Provides oversight and project management to assigned tasks.
- Proactively acts without additional direction taking tasks/projects to completion, identifies and seizes new opportunities, displays can-do attitude in good and bad times, steps up to handle tough issues
- Through knowledge and understanding of impacted workflows, proactively identify opportunities to enhance testing efficiency. Represents stakeholder needs and expectations in larger, more complex system updates and enhancements.
- Written documentation delivered to stakeholders and leadership shows consistency and attentive review, a team player and able to proactively communicate issues and concepts to leaders.
- Able to clearly articulate QA process issues to stakeholders. Proactively addresses process issues.
- Provides clear and organized status reporting on key areas to be used as external communications to stakeholders.
- Demonstrates a solid/working level of subject matter expertise in testing, proactively works to improve and obtain new expertise in different workflows, including areas beyond current knowledge base. Utilizes training, web site and general resource materials regularly and effectively and is able guide newer team members in utilizing these resources.
- Contributes to strategy discussions by identifying options with associated pros and cons with team members. Facilitates making timely decisions; makes sound decisions even in the absence of complete information. Recognizes when a quick 80% resolution will suffice
- Associate periodically reviews and auto-corrects his/her skills, habits, work ethic, and behaviors and manages his/her work in an effective and agreeable way among peers. Associate is sensitive and aware of how others perceive them and take care to ensure smooth and effective working relationships and environments
- Strong proficiency in in QA processes, has a strong understanding of integrated healthcare information systems, and demonstrated project management skills for application testing efforts, can conduct integrated and regression testing for updates, upgrades, and new 3rd party applications, Able to teach QA processes to new team members, Proactively and independently troubleshoot testing issues without direction.
- Demonstrates a working level understanding of information technology, including systems, applications, operations, and support. Adheres to IS standards/protocols.
- Maintains high standards for quality of work for self and others. Provides oversight and feedback on team member design, configuration, and deliverables.
- Manages medium complexity QA processes. Collaborates with team members as needed. Proactively evaluates the need for new potential test scripts.
- Performs working level QA process analysis, including test script modification as needed. Able to view objectives through both a technical and operational lens. Responsible for completing working level gap analysis and providing recommendations.
- Serves as the central point of contact for assigned QA processes. Independently works with external vendors in resolving issues and coordination as needed. Reviews outstanding issues and prioritizes based on operational needs. Escalates when timelines are of concern or appropriate vendor action is not occurring.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Systems related field or 4 years of related IT/Operational experience in a Healthcare environment.
- Epic application certification / proficiency preferred
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ progressive healthcare experience
- Demonstrated experience managing QA efforts for large, enterprise-wide software implementations