EPIC My Chart/Patient Experience Lead Job in Tyler
The Information Services Lead reports directly to the Manager Information Services and is responsible for leading and coordinating the efforts and content within the designated focus area. This position is the most senior level and will require coordination and consistency across their teams. Specific responsibilities include providing oversight for applications support including Incident, Problem, Request and Change Management. This position requires a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Acts as primary security representation in phases of implementation including build, configuration, testing, go-live support, and optimization. Serves as escalation for the application teams in the support and optimization of Epic security. Represents the Epic security team in change control meetings to identify issues relating to security.
- Leads the cross-application security workgroup, providing oversight for related processes including daily management of security master files. Manages communication between the application teams; facilitates application and cross-application security work sessions. Coordinates regular security workgroup meetings.
- Works collaboratively with application and compliance teams to design system-level access.
- Maintains knowledge of Epic including Nova release notes, User Forum, Galaxy, and other documentation published through the Epic User Web.
- Develop and maintains documentation related to security design, implementation, and practices. Stays informed of the latest features and functionality to enhance the existing security model to gain efficiencies.
- Understands the Epic software security structures, including user profiles, roles, and security classes.
- Establishes ownership of each particular security class.
- Performs tasks for security initiatives while adhering to ITS security policies and procedures. Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures.
- Maintains expert knowledge of all technologies applicable to specific job responsibilities.
- Work with Application teams including Application Development, and Business Process Owners to design, develop, and maintain Epic security roles, permission lists, and workgroup designs within prescribed policies and requirements.
- Coordinate security templates, add role updates and establishes a security change control process.
- Coordinates security-related activity across infrastructure (network, servers, operating system) and application support (epic and non-Epic teams).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a combination of equivalent technical experience and education
- Must be able to attain appropriate Epic Certifications
- Preferred 5-7 years of experience within supported information technology system discipline
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Preferred 2+ years project management experience or equivalent