EPIC Credentialed Trainer
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Information Mgmt-79100
115 Airport Road
Sulphur Springs, TX 75482
Share This Job On
Apply Now EPIC Credentialed Trainer Job in Sulphur Springs
The EPIC Credentialed Trainer (CCT) will be responsible for achieving credentialed status; conducting ConnectCARE training for various applications, developing lesson plans and updating materials to reflect changes in policies, in the build and in curriculum; provides telephone support by logging into the Clinician line and assisting the Service Desk with calls; provides at-the-elbow support through planned rounding events and other support activities; works with the ConnectCARE Instructional Designer, build team leadership and members, Health System leaders and Education to assure end users are able to use the system, identifying individuals who may need additional support and providing that support as needed.
The CCT must be an effective trainer insuring students are able to use ConnectCare with Confidence.
- Training: Helps plan, organize and teach ConnectCare classes required for the successful implementation and adoption of the electronic medical record. Assures students are competent and testing is recorded before they are released to work
- Training: Develops classroom materials and educational aids, supporting the Instructional Designer and working with the build team leadership and members
- Training: Responsible for classroom preparation, making sure materials are printed and available, classrooms and the Enterprise Academy are organized and clean.
- Recordkeeping: Provides assistance in the maintenance of classroom information on Healthstream, assuring accuracy and completeness. Registers new employees for class in Healthstream.
- Recordkeeping: Fills out and works tickets; records support activities appropriately
- End User Support: Provides end user telephone support by answering the Service Desk and Hotline phone lines.
- End User Support: Provides onsite end user support through rounding, attending associate fairs and other support activities; proactively se3eks out support needs and provides innovative ideas. Assist in staffing of Med Staff Training room as needed
- Communication: Communicates with students and managers to assure they are ready and prepared for class. Registers new associates for class in HealthStream. Communicates with Managers regarding students requiring additional training or follow-up.
- Security: Works with the provisioning team to assure associates have completed the appropriate training before access is granted to ConnectCare. Attendance and testing is recorded in HealthStream.
- Other: Duties as Assigned
POSITION SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Self-Development -- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
- Resourcefulness -- Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently
- Situational Adaptability -- Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Knowledge and application of adult learning principles
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in Captivate or Camtasia, preferred
- Understanding and interpreting clinical and non-clinical workflows, processes, and terminology in order to translate information into educationally sound training content
- Previous experience documenting in EPIC's electronic medical record preferred
- Two years teaching or related medical experience
- Evidence of previous experience as a trainer and/or mentor preferred
- 2+ of experience in applicable field within healthcare required
- EPIC Credentialed trainer, preferred
- If not credentialed must attend and successfully complete the 5 week Trainer Credentialing Program. Requirements for successful completion include: a passing grade of 80% or higher on the competency exam and successfully presenting a training topic
- LVN, RN or other clinical License required for clinical application training assignments