Epic Analyst Senior - Hospital Billing
CHRISTUS System Office
Minimum Overnight Travel Up To 10 Percent
CHRISTUS Irving Corporate Office
Share This Job On
Epic Analyst Senior - Hospital Billing Job in Irving
The Application System Analyst Senior serves as a liaison between system end-users (customers), operational leaders, additional support resources and vendors to design, build and optimize their assigned applications in a timely and high-quality manner. The Systems Analyst Senior will provide application support and optimization. They work closely with the Service Desk to assist in responding to service requests. The Application System Analyst Senior must be able to analyze business issues/requirements and workflows and apply their application knowledge to meet operational and organizational needs. Project implementation responsibilities include collaborating with customers contributing to the analysis, testing, and documentation and implementation of medium to high complexity activities of assigned software. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to implement medium to high complexity assigned application with minimal guidance. The Associate must be a self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Analyze, develop, test, document, educate, implement, support, and maintain or optimize assigned applications, solutions and business processes to meet operational and technical requirements.
- Independently provides guidance and leadership on quality assurance and testing initiatives. Demonstrates ability to lead team through complex integrated testing processes. Able to manage testing projects as necessary.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of application understanding, and applies expertise to help meet customer goals and outcomes. Tackles new problems using experimentation, including successes and failure experiences. Creative problem solving beyond standard recommendations and practice.
- Applies advanced level understanding of assigned clinical/business operations, processes, and workflows. Discusses, and identifies dependencies with project team members and stakeholders. Maintains collaborative customer relationships; Ensures the needs of the customer are fully represented in all updates. Provides clear and organized status reporting on key project areas to be used as external communications to stakeholders. Coordinates team members to gather information and prepare organized, consistent, and accurate status reporting.
- Leads and evaluates process and requirements analysis, including process mapping though current flow charts, documents, future needs/plans, requirement elicitation, stakeholder analysis, and specification gathering on complex projects/requests. Responsible for completing gap analysis, and providing cross application recommendations.
- Possesses the skill to develop strong and positive relationships with client management at all levels. Is respected by the client as an expert and end users demonstrate confidence in the individual.
- Contributes to strategy discussions by proactively identifying options with associated pros and cons with team members, stakeholders and leaders. Consistently displays superior judgment. Reputation for high-quality decisions.
- Adhere to organization standards for system configuration and change control.
- Able to understand complex requirements of end users and project goals and propose technical solutions for multifarious design, configuration needs. Able to independently analyze, design, and configure the application. Ability to teach team members complex design, configuration.
- Collaborate and develop strong relationships with end user communities, customers and business partners.
- Collaborate with Operational Leaders to focus on standardized best practice workflow processes and content to ensure alignment across all ministries, to create efficiencies, and to ensure optimal operational processes.
- Coordinates code changes with appropriate vendor related to financial and business application issues.
- Collaborates with Technical Team to identify and infrastructure related issues that have resulted in application issues.
- Share industry best practices from vendors with Operational Leaders.
- Demonstrates increasing technical knowledge of the assigned application including relationships of infrastructure and impact to user if unavailable.
- Serves as a liaison between business operations and providers, internal information technology, system users and vendors working within the defined project objectives for issue and problem resolution.
- Follows strict change management processes ensuring proper approval, testing, and validation of system changes.
- Reviews and provides feedback on documentation written by others. Articulates issues and complex concepts in appropriate manner based on the audience.
- Associate continuously reviews, adjusts, and grows his/her skills, habits, work ethic, and behaviors to ensure positive peer interactions and a positive and interactive team atmosphere. Associate exhibits constant efforts to improve and maintain healthy and positive interpersonal and team interactions.
- Proactively and independently troubleshoot and resolve moderate incidents and requests without direction.
- Design, configuration and deliverables demonstrate exceptional ability to address complex end user needs. Quality has the confidence of project management. Sets the bar for project team quality work.
- Independently manages medium to large scale and complex projects/requests. Collaborates with team members as needed.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned courses within Healthstream, other electronic tracking tools for educational related material or attend presentations in person as assigned.
- Ensure the services that he/she provides contribute to the successful accomplishment of the primary mission of the department.
- Leads and coordinates across applications for high impact vendor changes.
- May be required to travel to perform duties.
- May be required to work long hours during critical problems and on-call rotation.
- Assist in preparation and conducting of continuing formal or informal training session for users and co-workers.
- Is exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities. Proactively plans projects and tasks within application.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred with a focus in healthcare, business, or information systems. Ability to present complex data in meaningful method, i.e., charts, graphs
- Ability to adjust to and implement change
- Problem Solving skills
- Multitasking skills
- Work as a team member
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
- 5+ years within healthcare, business, or information systems
- Requires minimal instruction on day-to-day work and general direction on more complex tasks and projects
- Develops new functionality for requests with little to no direction and leads multidisciplinary teams throughout project.
- Regularly serves as mentor or knowledge resource to peers across community
- Works in a team setting, sharing information and assisting other junior level team members
- Possesses detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise
- Excellent project management and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Associated certifications on area of focus, preferred
- For Epic Analysts:
- Certified or proficient in assigned Epic module (must be obtained within 6 months of employment date)
- Certifications or Proficiencies must stay current by maintaining new version training