8AM - 5PM
Epic Analyst - Radiant
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Epic Analyst - Radiant Job in Irving
The Clinical Informatics Systems Analyst Senior is primarily responsible for assisting in the operation and administration of clinical information systems, collaborating with clinical and technical associates to enhance workflow methodology and tools. Support responsibilities include application support of medium to high complexity for acute and non-acute care clinical applications for a large, multi-regional healthcare system; provides incident, change and problem management support following the outlined ITIL processes. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to support assigned clinical application(s). This position requires the ability to work with minimal supervision. This position is exempt.
Collaborate with Clinical Informatics colleagues across the enterprise to drive strategic goals and vision for the department and CHRISTUS Health
- Collaborate with Clinical Informatics colleagues to focus on standardized best practice workflow processes and clinical content to ensure alignment across all ministries in order to create efficiencies that improve patient safety
- Collaborate with technical colleagues to help identify any infrastructure related issues that have resulted in clinical application issues
- Develop, test, implement, support, and maintain assigned clinical applications, solutions and business processes to meet operational and technical requirements
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with other people, both individually and in groups
- Demonstrate sound understanding of clinical practice as it pertains to the integration of clinical information systems and impact on end users
- Assist in reporting any identified clinical information systems compliance issues/concerns and escalate utilizing proper chain of command
- Provide on-going end user clinical information systems support with all upgrades, new releases and enhanced functionality
- Assist with communication to clinical end user system changes, new functionality, workflow process changes, and downtime procedures as they relate to the electronic medical record
- Foster relationships with ministry leadership and departments such as Information Services, Quality, Case Management, Revenue Cycle, and Finance to ensure effective communication, to meet business and financial requirements
- Prioritize, coordinate, and implement updates and requested changes to clinical information systems
- Provides effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times
- May be required to work long hours during critical problems and on-call rotation
- Responsible for other duties and special projects as assigned
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with clinical information systems
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
- Independently provides guidance and leadership on quality assurance and testing initiatives. Demonstrates ability to lead team through complex integrated testing processes. Able to manage testing projects as necessary.
- Quickly and decisively takes action in fast changing, unpredictable situations. Shows tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations. Is exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities. Proactively plans projects and tasks within application
- Applies advanced level understanding of assigned clinical/business operations, processes, and workflows. Discusses, and identifies dependencies with project team members and stakeholders. Maintains collaborative customer relationships; Ensures the needs of the customer are fully represented in all updates.
- Possesses the skill to develop strong and positive relationships with client management at all levels. Is respected by the client as an expert and end users demonstrate confidence in the individual. Provides clear and organized status reporting on key project areas to be used as external communications to stakeholders. Coordinates team members to gather information and prepare organized, consistent, and accurate status reporting.
- Demonstrates an advanced level of application understanding, and applies expertise to help meet customer goals and outcomes. Tackles new problems using experimentation, including successes and failure experiences. Creative problem solving beyond standard recommendations and practice.
- Contributes to strategy discussions by proactively identifying options with associated pros and cons with team members, stakeholders and leaders. Consistently displays superior judgment. Reputation for high-quality decisions.
- Able to understand complex requirements of end users and project goals and propose technical solutions for multifarious design, configuration needs. Able to independently analyze, design, and configure the application. Ability to teach team members complex design, configuration. Proactively and independently troubleshoot and resolve complex incidents and requests without direction
- Design, configuration and deliverables demonstrate exceptional ability to address complex end user needs. Quality has the confidence of project management. Sets the bar for project team quality work. Independently manages medium to large scale and complex projects/requests. Collaborates with team members as needed.
- Leads and evaluates process and requirements analysis, including process mapping though current flow charts, documents, future needs/plans, requirement elicitation, stakeholder analysis, and specification gathering on complex projects/requests. Responsible for completing gap analysis, and providing cross application recommendations.
Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of clinical/technical application experience in lieu of degree, strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of clinical information systems, clinical informatics, data management and administration
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent project management and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability (preferably within Christus) to independently and successfully lead multidisciplinary team initiative.
- Preferred 5-7 years previous clinical information systems experience or equivalent
- Preferred 2+ years project management experience or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Epic certification/accreditation/self-proficiency in relevant application required; multiple certification/accreditation/self-proficiency in relevant applications preferred