Epic Analyst - Hospital Billing
CHRISTUS System Office
No Travel Applicable
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Apply Now Epic Analyst - Hospital Billing Job in Irving
The System Analyst II will report directly to the Manager Information Services and serves as a liaison between system end-users (customers), operational leaders, additional support resources and vendors while providing exemplary customer service and Epic application support. The Systems Analyst II will provide implementation and upgrade support in addition to ongoing application support and optimization. They work closely with the Service Desk to assist in responding to service requests. The Systems Analyst II must be able to analyze business issues/requirements and workflows and apply their application knowledge to meet operational and organizational needs. The System Analyst II must be a self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in team environments.
- Collaborates across project borders with other teams. Thinks outside the box and proposes practical solutions to issues. Provides oversight and project management to assigned tasks.
- Proactively acts without additional direction taking tasks/projects to completion, identifies and seizes new opportunities, displays can-do attitude in good and bad times, steps up to handle tough issues
- Through knowledge and understanding of operations, can proactively identify opportunities to enhance customer usability, efficiency and/or experience. Represents user needs and expectations in larger, more complex system updates and enhancements.
- Written documentation delivered to end users and leadership shows consistency and attentive review. Must be a team player and able to proactively communicate issues and concepts to project leadership.
- Able to clearly articulate complex design, configuration issues to end users and project stakeholders. Maintains relationship with end user leadership post-engagement. Proactively addresses end user conflicts.
- Provides clear and organized status reporting on key project areas to be used as external communications to stakeholders.
- Provides insight and recommendations on application/system analysis in assigned area(s). Demonstrates a solid/working level of subject matter expertise in providing support to projects, customers, and other teams while proactively working to improve and obtain new expertise in applications, including areas beyond assigned module. Utilizes application training, application web site and application resource materials regularly and effectively and is able guide newer team members in utilizing these resources
- Contributes to strategy discussions by identifying options with associated pros and cons with team members. Facilitates making timely decisions; makes sound decisions even in the absence of complete information. Recognizes when a quick 80% resolution will suffice
- Associate periodically reviews and auto-corrects his/her skills, habits, work ethic, and behaviors and manages his/her work in an effective and agreeable way among peers. Associate is sensitive and aware of how others perceive them and take care to ensure smooth and effective working relationships and environments
- Strong technical proficiency in application-specific design and configuration. Ability to clearly articulate and communicate core design, configuration concepts to end users. Able to independently analyze, design, and configure the application. Able to teach design, configuration concepts to new team members.Proactively and independently troubleshoot and resolve moderate incidents and requests without direction.
- Demonstrates a working level understanding of information technology, including systems, applications, operations, and support. Adheres to IT standards/protocols.
- Maintains high standards for quality of work for self and others. Provides oversight and feedback on team member design, configuration, and deliverables.
- Manages medium complexity projects/requests. Collaborates with team members as needed. Proactively evaluates all new release and functionality of applications.
- Performs working level process and requirement analysis, including process mapping though current flow charts, documents, future needs/plans, requirement elicitation, stakeholder analysis, and specification gathering to deliver cross team solutions. Responsible for completing working level gap analysis and providing recommendations. Serves as the central point of contact for assigned applications. Independently works with external vendors in resolving new issues and delivering medium complexity requests and coordinating patches/upgrades. Reviews outstanding issues and prioritizes based on operational needs. Escalates when SLAs are breached, or appropriate vendor action is not occurring.
- Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor’s degree in an Information Systems related field or 4 years of related IT experience in a Healthcare environment.
- 2+ years within Information Technology, One (1) year Hospital/Health Care Organizations.
- Certification/Proficiency required to certify in relevant module within first 6 months of hire.