8AM - 5PM
Epic Analyst - Clindoc
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
Share This Job On
Apply Now Epic Analyst - Clindoc Job in Irving
The Clinical Informatics Systems Analyst I is primarily responsible for assisting in the operation and administration of clinical information systems, collaborating with clinical and technical associates to enhance workflow methodology and tools. Support responsibilities include application support of medium to high complexity for acute and non-acute care clinical applications for a large, multi-regional healthcare system; provides incident, change and problem management support following the outlined ITIL processes. This position must possess sufficient detailed healthcare knowledge and systems expertise to support assigned clinical application(s). This position requires the ability to work with minimal supervision. This position is exempt.
- Collaborate with Clinical Informatics colleagues across the enterprise to drive strategic goals and vision for the department and CHRISTUS Health
- Collaborate with Clinical Informatics colleagues to focus on standardized best practice workflow processes and clinical content to ensure alignment across all ministries in order to create efficiencies that improve patient safety
- Collaborate with technical colleagues to help identify any infrastructure related issues that have resulted in clinical application issues
- Develop, test, implement, support, and maintain assigned clinical applications, solutions and business processes to meet operational and technical requirements
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills when interacting with other people, both individually and in groups
- Demonstrate sound understanding of clinical practice as it pertains to the integration of clinical information systems and impact on end users
- Assist in reporting any identified clinical information systems compliance issues/concerns and escalate utilizing proper chain of command
- Provide on-going end user clinical information systems support with all upgrades, new releases and enhanced functionality
- Assist with communication to clinical end user system changes, new functionality, workflow process changes, and downtime procedures as they relate to the electronic medical record
- Foster relationships with ministry leadership and departments such as Information Services, Quality, Case Management, Revenue Cycle, and Finance to ensure effective communication, to meet business and financial requirements
- Provides effective customer service by being courteous, polite and friendly at all times
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with clinical information systems
- Troubleshoot and/or resolve application issues and escalate more complex issues as appropriate
- Consistently follows up with end users. Able to ask the right questions to obtain understanding of end user issues and needs. Seeks information from others when end user issues appear to pose significant risks. Provides clear and organized status reporting on key project areas to be used as external communications to stakeholders.
- Provides insight and recommendations on application/system analysis in assigned area(s). Demonstrates a solid/working level of subject matter expertise in providing support to projects, customers, and other teams, while proactively working to improve and obtain new expertise in application/system in assigned areas. Utilizes application training, application web site and application resource materials regularly and effectively
- Demonstrates decision making based on facts (vs assumptions); Routinely researches multiple avenues to identify viable options. Contributes to strategy discussions by identifying options with associated pros and cons with team members
- Completes task with attention to detail and high level of quality. Performs self-review process prior to sending to supervisor. Design, configuration requires minimal additional QA by peer or lead analyst. Manages low to medium complexity projects/requests. Collaborates with team members as needed.
- Performs basic process and requirement analysis, including process mapping though current flow charts, documents, requirement elicitation, and specification gathering in support of root cause problem solving and negotiating creative solutions. In addition, using current and projected data, provides recommendations in assigned application. Responsible for completing basic gap analysis, and providing recommendations.
- May be required to work long hours during critical problems and on-call rotation • Responsible for other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of clinical/technical application experience in lieu of degree, strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of clinical information systems, clinical informatics, data management and administration
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent verbal and written skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Excellent project management and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Preferred 1-3 years previous clinical information systems experience or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Epic certification/accreditation/self-proficiency preferred (may be required to certify in relevant application within first 6 months of hire) Note: Once achieved, must be maintained.