Environmental Tech - PRN
CHRISTUS Central Louisiana/St. Frances Cabrini
Hospitality - Housekeeping
Savoy Medical Center-40500
801 Poinciana Ave.
Mamou, LA 70554
Share This Job On
Apply Now Environmental Tech - PRN Job in Mamou
Cleans and sanitizes rooms and furnishings in assigned work areas, following established policies and procedure to maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation throughout the hospital.CORE COMPETENCIES Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm. Collaborate- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives. Customer focus- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions. Nimble learning- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder. Demonstrates self-awareness- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses. Communicates effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences. Decision quality- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for loading the service cart with the proper cleaning supplies and equipment to
perform daily duties. Demonstrates the correct procedures in keeping all bottles labeled and in
the placement of all items on the cart so as to prevent infants pediatric, adolescents, adults, or
geriatric patients from harm.
2. Cleans assigned areas by washing furnishings, floors, window seals, and equipment with special
cleaning solutions and disinfectants to prevent the spread of disease. Following any special
instructions that may be given for patient's room regarding the use of cleaning solvents taking
into consideration the age of the patient.
3. Empties trash buckets, picks up soiled linen, and arranges furniture and equipment in an orderly
4. Scours and polishes sink, tub, mirrors and fixtures. Replenishes supplies as required i.e. soap,
paper towels, and toilet tissue
5. Cleans and disinfects all discharge rooms using correct procedures and assures bed is dressed
with clean linen
6. Responsible for maintaining all necessary supplies needed by turning in any request for supplies
twice per week.
7. Responsibly completes the shift report at the conclusion of shift. Notes any mechanical failures,
for repairs in any area he/she is responsible for and any problems experienced during the
8. Responsible at the end of the shift for returning unused supplies to the maid's closet, cleaning
the cart, cleaning the mop bucket, mop and leaving closet in orderly manner.
High School Graduate Preferred
Ability to read and write
Capable of following oral and written instructions
Ability to communicate effectively