Enterprise Microsoft Infrastructure Engineer I
CHRISTUS System Office
CHRISTUS Corp Irving Offices 919 and 909 Buildings
919 Hidden Ridge
Irving, TX 75038
Share This Job On
Apply Now Enterprise Microsoft Infrastructure Engineer I Job in Irving
The Enterprise Microsoft Infrastructure Engineer I (MSIE-I) is a strategic position providing the highest level of technical skill and expertise in on-premise and Azure Active Directory, on-premise Exchange and Exchange Online messaging services, Skype for Business Server and Teams mobile messaging and collaboration services, Okta identity and access management services, ZixCorp email encryption services, Infoblox DDI, Microsoft Distributed File System (DFS-N, DFS-R), and enterprise printing (known throughout as the 'listed technologies').
- Strategy & Planning – Plans, designs, and coordinates the future state of the listed technologies and environment for CHRISTUS Information Services that conform to both business requirements and healthcare standards.
- System Engineering – Evaluates and implements changes and additions for proposed system acquisitions and provides critical input to the decision-making process relative to integration, operations, cost, resource requirements, ongoing support, and maintenance; addresses all aspects including hardware, software, outside services, etc.; prevents unplanned disruptions, especially of critical systems.
- System Integration – Integrates listed technologies listed above into the existing technical environment in way that is fault-tolerant, modular, interoperable, scalable, and responsive. Assesses impact on other systems; configures and verifies the operation of AD related components; maintains or improves integration and operation of systems relative to the overall environment; leads or participates as technical expert in cross-system projects.
- System Management – Designs, implements, and oversees proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on the listed technologies; ensures the systems operate efficiently and meet the needs of the organization; ensures they are kept at most current stable version/release; ensures they are continuously monitored to be secure; performs research and testing to verify impact of installing all updates; provides training to IM associates and clients as needed.
- Training & Certification – Maintains in-depth knowledge and/or current certifications from Microsoft and relevant vendors in all technologies listed above.
- Problem Management – Supports the problem and availability management process by providing expert level, Tier 3 support for Incidents, working with problem management to accurately diagnose root cause, and implement changes to prevent the reoccurrence of future incidents. Updates the problem management knowledge base for Incident Management process.
- Availability Management – Supports the Availability Management process in architecting and implementing design for availability. Participates in System Outage Analysis to determine prevention of future problems and minimizing downtime.
- Service Continuity – Participates in IT Service Continuity Practice by ensuring technical design, implementation and testing to support continuity plans; Implements risk mitigation measures as defined by risk analysis; Continuously improves enterprise infrastructure to be more secure, more optimized, and more robust.
- Applications and Systems Development – Interfaces with and supports staff in all areas and at all levels in definition of assessment, requirements, selection, design, development, implementation, and support of information systems. Provides technical oversight of system architectural development and technical guidance on problem definition and resolution.
- Communication – Provides effective oral and written communications to staff to facilitate understanding, ownership and accomplishment of project goals and objectives. Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, possesses good negotiating skills, and promotes teamwork; Prepares technical reports, documentation, and relevant metrics on enterprise operations.
- Standards – Develops and implements proposals and business cases for technology standards, problem-solving tools, and solutions in response to the business requirements; Maintains follow-up process for system deficiencies and end user trouble reports; Analyzes and recommends procedural standards and changes to enhance user tasks and correct problem areas as they become known; Documents current architecture, target architecture, and transitional architectures.
- Teamwork – Maintains and demonstrates good teamwork on assigned projects through actions and job performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field or equivalent experience (6 years) required.
- Broad technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Azure, Exchange Server and Exchange Online services, security, Outlook Web Access, support for mobile devices, integration with Outlook,
- Broad technical knowledge of collaboration tools such as Skype for Business Server and Teams as well as knowledge of file services infrastructure technologies including Distributed File Systems (DFS-N & DFS-R)
- Broad experience working with Active Directory Forests, AD Domains and Trusts, AD Certificate Services, AD Sites and Services, domain migration and consolidation, Group Policy Management, Internet Information Services (IIS), DNS, DHCP, SMTP, MAPI, and IMAP
- Experience working with Okta identity and access management services such as app integration and provisioning, and directory integration
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, and security protocols, including but not limited to LDAP, Kerberos, SSL, TLS, WS-Fed, SWA, and SAML
- Knowledge of local and wide area networking on multiple platforms: Windows, Linux, and VMware; network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; IP networking, internet, and intranet technologies; email, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; Windows desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration.
- A total of six (6) years of experience in large corporate systems environment with a wide variety of Information Technology systems, networks and technologies required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Active Directory and Exchange/Exchange Online system management.
- Experience with automation and scripting in PowerShell is a must.
- Prior experience in a healthcare systems environment is a plus.
- One or more of the following certifications required:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert
- Microsoft Certified Associate or equivalent
- Linux certification