Apply Now EMT Entrada Contenta Urgent Care/ Part-Time Job in Santa fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direction of Medical Director, monitors patients, collects information and documents data. Inserts and removes peripheral intravenous therapy lines under the direction of the physician/nurse. Performs blood collection. Performs wound care and dressing changes. Applies plaster and fiberglass splints, casts and traction devices. Performs bedside testing such as oximetry, glucometery, and other point of care tests. Operates patient monitoring systems specific to unit. Insures cleanliness of unit, cleans and stores equipment and empties sharps containers. Documents all interventions and data, communicates with the nurse or Licensed Independent Provider (LIP) on findings and interventions.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent plus trade or vocational school in medical/
surgical patient care. Completion of Intravenous Insertion course. Completes fem.gov training course IS 100 and other FEMA courses as requested/required. Train on Disaster preparedness and use of PAPR.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Current BLS issued through American Heart Association is required. Current Emergency Medical Technician certification (Basic), or equivalent required of which current certification/licensure must be maintained.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of Urgent Care service provisions, first aid and life support
- Ability to operate and maintain emergency medical apparatus and equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to: provide preliminary and noninvasive treatment during emergency illnesses and injuries
- Ability to determine a patient's immediate medical condition and coordinate care with paramedics and providers
- Ability to read and interpret technical reports, charts, etc
- Ability to write concise reports
- Ability to handle a high level of stress and to maintain composure under a variety of adverse conditions
- Computer skills required to enter data and generate reports.
EXPERIENCE: One year EMT or equivalent experience.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Reports directly to Urgent Care Director and Clinic Manager or designee for essential job duties and day-to-day responsibilities.
- Bloodborne pathogens - B
Works irregular hours. Multiple simultaneous activities around patient care. Exposure to infectious diseases and x-rays. Subject to varying unpredictable situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to handle emergency/urgent situations, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking. Has knowledge of and uses good body mechanics. Frequently lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients or equipment. Hearing and visual acuity must be within normal limits. Manual dexterity and fine motor coordination required.