Apply Now EMT EMS24 Transp Ground EMS Canton A Job in Canton
The Emergency Medical Technician EMS is responsible for administering appropriate emergency medical treatment to people who have been injured in accidents or have other medical conditions, and assists in rendering advanced emergency medical treatment. Ability to operate an advanced life support ambulance to administer care. Routinely assists with the inspection of the ambulance and related equipment to ensure proper operation and sanitary cleanliness.
• Responds to the site of life-threatening situations, emergency medical situations and non-emergency calls.
• Assists in coordinating response activities with physicians to develop a plan of care based upon the assessment of the patient.
• Assists in leading a team of responders by coordinating activities to conduct triage, develop treatment plans, administer medical care and prepare p a t I e n t for transport to medical facility.
• Insures the proper functioning of all emergency medical equipment and vehicles through regular checks; makes sure there is an adequate inventory supply maintained aboard emergency vehicles through regular checks.
• Assists in the cleaning of station location.
• Interacts with firefighters, law enforcement and other non-medical personnel at emergency scenes.
• Performs related administrative tasks and all detailed documentation in compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations.
• Handles hazardous materials, and ensures appropriate disposal in hazardous materials containers.
• Ensures compliance to all OSHA regulations for Infection Control, Hazardous Materials Standards, and all job duties.
• Responds to multiple casualty incidents and disasters and assists in providing appropriate medical oversight, triage, care, and transport in coordination with other responders.
• Participates in periodic in-service training, or on an as needed basis, for any certified and non-certified updates relating to Emergency Medical Services and federal, State, and local EMT-B requirements.
• Operates and utilizes an ambulance and related medical care response equipment and tools needed in response situations.
• Makes decisions that conform to the norms, policies, and values of Champion EMS and adhere to federal, state, and local compliance and policy requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Integrity and Ethics - Treat people with respect and individuality; do what you say; be a good steward of company resources; actively contribute toward employees' success and the company's goals; and uphold organizational values.
• Patient Focus/Patient Orientation - - Proactively seek opportunities to help patients and co-workers. Demonstrate compassion when working with patients; protect the dignity of others. Be courteous, calm, creative, and effective with difficult patients. Earn positive feedback from patients and co-workers.
• Safety and Risk Management- Put safety first by anticipating and performing actions necessary to avoid hazardous work-related conditions which could result in injury, harm, or loss.
• Adaptability/Flexibility- Effectively manage competing demands and able to change course when new information becomes available.
• Attention to Detail-Demonstrate thoroughness and accuracy in work activities through concern for all areas involved. Accurately complete necessary paperwork and patient care forms.
• Listening-Listen carefully and thoughtfully, and ask for clarification. Avoid interrupting and show ability to remain fully focused, especially in the midst of crisis.
• Tolerance for Stress- Is able to work productively in a high-pressure or unpredictable work environment, bringing a positive approach to challenges.
• Collaboration -Work effectively with others to achieve the shared goal of excellence in patient care. Approach and receive others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure; treat patients and employees with respect and consideration.
• Conflict Management - Focuses on resolving conflict in a sensible, fair, and efficient manner, without blaming.
• Decision Making/ Decisiveness/ Judgment- Gather and analyze information skillfully and develop reasoned, alternative approaches.
• Respect and Confidentiality- Maintain the confidentiality of each patient and the organization. Do not disclose protected health information (PHI) or other private information inappropriately. Comply with all HIPAA and confidentiality laws and regulations.
• Learner Attitude- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and self-improvement. Look for and readily take advantage of learning opportunities; seek increased responsibilities; ask for and offer help when needed. Demonstrate persistence and be able to overcome obstacles.
• Communications/ Public Relations-Perform with a high level of trustworthiness, diplomacy, courtesy and tact.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.