EMS Communications Dispatcher - PRN
2201 S. Mobberly Ave.
Longview, TX 75602
Share This Job On
Apply Now EMS Communications Dispatcher - PRN Job in Longview
The Dispatch Communications Tech is responsible for providing the first impression of our hospitals to all individuals who seek information, assistance placing calls and overhead paging. Under the supervision of the Telecommunications supervisor, the Dispatch Communications Tech answers all incoming calls to the hospital; operates the paging systems; responds to emergency codes and equipment needs; assists in placing long distance calls as needed and authorized; monitors and operates security CCTV, emergency audio/visual functions, alarms (security, maintenance and medical) and announces emergency codes (Blue/Cardiac, Red/Fire, Gray/Disaster, Pink/Infant Abduction, etc.) Performs all duties in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations as required in support of the Security and Telecommunications Departments.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Calmly and appropriately responds to emergency situations; multi-task and prioritize, possesses problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, analyze and interpret information simultaneously and effectively.
- Must be able to operate a computer for inquiry and input purposes.
- Must communicate clearly and effectively with all internal and external customers to include problem identification.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Normal office conditions to include long periods of sitting.
- Must be able to perform all duties in a fast paced and stressful environment.
- Two (2) years previous healthcare experience with PBX/Call Center/Dispatch or similar telecommunications equipment and personal computers is preferred.