Emergency Psychiatric Services (EPS) Assessment Specialist Per Diem
CHRISTUS St. Vincent
490A West Zia Rd
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Share This Job On
Apply Now Emergency Psychiatric Services (EPS) Assessment Specialist Per Diem Job in Santa Fe
Provides supportive care of psychiatric and chemical dependency (i.e., behavioral health (BH)) behavioral health patients in Emergency Psychiatric Services (EPS) Assessment room and Emergency Department (ED) as needed. Provides behavioral health clinical services including intake and initial assessment services. Provides crisis intervention services as indicated. Collaborates with other team members regarding provisional diagnoses, assessment, admission, care planning, treatment, and discharge and continuing care planning. Utilizes brief intervention and harm reduction techniques for chemical dependency patients and provides CD detox assessments as needed. Flexibility with job assignments Willingness to be trained to perform detox assessment and CD consults utilizing techniques such as motivational interviewing
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required preferred in Human Services field. Preferred: Current students in Master's program in a Human Services field.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: CPI certification required within six months of hire
- Ability to work independently on own accord and initiative, yet as a team member
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic behavioral health assessment and referral skills
- Basic understanding of behavioral health issues, barriers to care, and ability to manage various types of patients with behavioral health conditions
- Basic understanding of crisis intervention strategies, case management, and referral process; Basic understanding of chemical dependency detox and addiction process
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English
EXPERIENCE: One year experience working with behavioral health population and/or substance use disorders preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Clinical Manager, Emergency Psychiatric Services
Bloodborne pathogen: B
Multiple simultaneous activities around patient care. Exposure to infectious diseases and intermittent exposure possible to blood, excrements, odors and noise. Work area has normal heat, light, and air.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Working hours vary, with flexibility due to unexpected changes in schedule and emergencies. Must be able to handle emergency/crisis situations, prolonged, extensive or considerable standing/walking. Requires the ability to speak, listen, develop and communicate written materials.