Emergency Department Technician - PRN
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
Share This Job On
Emergency Department Technician - PRN Job in Longview
The Emergency Department Technician requires the skills and knowledge of many areas such as: ED Tech, Patient Registrar, Unit Clerk, and Monitor Tech. The Emergency Department Tech performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program, Intermediate EMT OR
- Successful completion of a PT Care Tech program OR
- Successful completion of military basic combat training and Advanced Individual Training for military medics.
- CHRISTUS Emergency Technician previous experience
- Successful completion of EKG course is required within 90 days of hire
- Minimum of 1 year, 2 year preferred of patient care experience in an emergency department, EMT field/Emergency Care, or military medic setting required.
- Current BLS certification (American Heart Association) required.
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Patient Care Tech, or EMT certification is required upon hire; maintaining current certification is preferred.
Per Diem As Needed
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.