Emergency Department Technician - ECC Emergency Care
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital Emergency Care Westover Hills
Share This Job On
Emergency Department Technician - ECC Emergency Care Job in San Antonio
The Emergency Room Technician is part of the Emergency Department. This position requires the skills and knowledge of many areas such as: ED Tech, Patient Registrar, Unit Clerk, and Monitor Tech. Emergency Room Tech performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT) OR
- Successful completion of military basic combat training and Advanced Individual Training for military medics.
- Successful completion of Monitor Technician course is required.
- Two (2) years of patient care experience in an acute care hospital, EMT field/Emergency Care, or military medic setting required. For internal promotions, must be in good standing with no documented counseling in the previous six (6) months.
- Current CPR certification required.
- ACLS and PALS (within six months of hire)
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as a Medical Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining current certification is preferred.