11AM - 11PM
Emergency Department Technician - ECC Emergency Care
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital
Share This Job On
Emergency Department Technician - ECC Emergency Care Job in San Antonio
The Emergency Room Technician is part of the Emergency Department. This position requires the skills and knowledge of many areas such as: ED Tech, Patient Registrar, Unit Clerk, and Monitor Tech. Emergency Room Tech performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT) OR
- Successful completion of military basic combat training and Advanced Individual Training for military medics.
- Successful completion of Monitor Technician course is required.
- Two (2) years of patient care experience in an acute care hospital, EMT field/Emergency Care, or military medic setting required. For internal promotions, must be in good standing with no documented counseling in the previous six (6) months.
- Current CPR certification required.
- ACLS and PALS (within six months of hire)
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as a Medical Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining current certification is preferred.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.