7AM - 7PM
Emergency Department Technician - ECC Emergency Care
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital Westover Hills
11212 State Highway 151
San Antonio, TX 78251
USView On A Map View Other Locations
Share This Job On
Emergency Department Technician - ECC Emergency Care Job in San Antonio
The Emergency Room Technician is part of the Emergency Department. This position requires the skills and knowledge of many areas such as: ED Tech, Patient Registrar, Unit Clerk, and Monitor Tech. Emergency Room Tech performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
Types/Ages of Patients Served:
Our 27-bed Emergency Department is designated as a Level 4 Trauma Center. The ED is capable of providing emergency, urgent and non-urgent care to patients of all ages. Patients in need of medical-surgical and sub-specialty services are seen and treated in the Emergency Department. The patients seeking care have a wide range of needs from basic ambulatory care to trauma intervention and life support. We are a primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) center and Primary Stroke Center. Currently working on an ED expansion plan to include the addition of patient treatments rooms as well as CT, X-Ray and Laboratory all located inside the Emergency Department.
CHRISTUS Health has a very strict Code of Ethics Guide. It is implemented in the highest standards and is part of our everyday responsibilities. Our actions are filled with a spirit of mutual respect, which encourages us to treat those we serve with compassion, respect and dignity.
Do you want to work in a friendly, professional and supportive faith-based organization? Come and join our Westover hills family!!!
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT) OR
- Successful completion of military basic combat training and Advanced Individual Training for military medics.
- Successful completion of Monitor Technician course is required.
- Two (2) years of patient care experience in an acute care hospital, EMT field/Emergency Care, or military medic setting required. For internal promotions, must be in good standing with no documented counseling in the previous six (6) months.
- Current CPR certification required.
- ACLS and PALS (within six months of hire)
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as a Medical Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining current certification is preferred.