Emergency Department Tech - Emergency Room Job in Alice
The Emergency Department Technician requires the skills and knowledge of many areas such as: ED Tech, Patient Registrar, Unit Clerk, and Monitor Tech. The Emergency Department Tech performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice was built in 1999 to serve the healthcare needs of people in Alice and the surrounding communities. The hospital is a Level IV Trauma Center and is licensed for 186 beds and offers comprehensive medical and surgical services including pediatrics, obstetrics, skilled nursing, emergency and intensive care, as well as cardiac and comprehensive services. At CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Alice, Coastal Bend nurses can feel confident they have a place to work that will support them and help them grow professionally. The hospital has achieved the Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), recognizing hospitals which support and nurture their nurses’ development.
CHRISTUS Spohn Alice - nurse's week https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KlAB842uP0
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program, Intermediate EMT OR
- Successful completion of a PT Care Tech program OR
- Successful completion of military basic combat training and Advanced Individual Training for military medics.
- CHRISTUS Emergency Technician previous experience
- Successful completion of EKG course is required within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of 1 year, 2 year preferred of patient care experience in an emergency department, EMT field/Emergency Care, or military medic setting required.
- Current BLS certification (American Heart Association) required.
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date
- Certified Nursing Assistant, Certified Medical Assistant, or Certified Patient Care Tech
- EMT certification required upon hire; maintaining current certification is preferred.