7AM - 7PM
Emergency Department Tech - Emergency Room
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
600 Elizabeth Street
Corpus Christi, TX 78404
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Emergency Department Tech - Emergency Room Job in Corpus Christi
Assists professional staff in providing diagnostic and therapeutic care for patients presented to the Emergency Department. Facilitates vital signs, EKGs, cardiac and respiratory monitoring, suture removal, transportation of patients, disinfects and prepares instruments, stocking of supplies, and other aspects of patient care under the direction of the RN or physician.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in nursing assistance (basic patient care), patient transportation, ordering and stocking inventory, other patient related activities or ER/EMT experience preferred.
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- De-escalation training required within 90 days of hire/transfer date