Emergency Department Tech - ECC Emergency Care - PRN Job in San Marcos
The Emergency Room Technician is part of the Emergency Department. This position requires the skills and knowledge of many areas such as: ED Tech, Patient Registrar, Unit Clerk, and Monitor Tech. Emergency Room Tech performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos, which originated in 1923 as Hays County Soldiers, Sailors and Marines Memorial Hospital, opened at its current Wonder World Drive location in 1983. Our staff of more than 700 Associates works with more than 300 active and consulting physicians to provide quality services to patients and their families. For more than 20 consecutive years, we have been named The Best Hospital in Hays County in the annual “Best of Hays” publication released by the San Marcos Daily Record. In addition to interventional cardiac services, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – San Marcos is a Certified Chest Pain Center and an accredited Primary Stroke Center. We lead the region in da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery and offers a variety of specialty care services including medical imaging, rehabilitation, hospice, women’s services and more.
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Completion of one of the following educational programs is required:
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Medical Assistant program OR
- Successful completion of a Basic EMT program (Intermediate EMT) OR
- Successful completion of military basic combat training and Advanced Individual Training for military medics.
- Successful completion of Monitor Technician course is required.
- Two (2) years of patient care experience in an acute care hospital, EMT field/Emergency Care, or military medic setting required. For internal promotions, must be in good standing with no documented counseling in the previous six (6) months.
- Current CPR certification required.
- ACLS and PALS (within six months of hire)
- If certified as Nursing Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as a Medical Assistant, Associate must maintain current certification.
- If certified as an EMT, maintaining current certification is preferred.
Per Diem as Needed