Electrophysiology (EP) Lab Coordinator
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital Tyler
800 East Dawson Street
Tyler, TX 75701
USView Other Locations
Share This Job On
Apply Now Electrophysiology (EP) Lab Coordinator Job in Tyler
Position works with scheduling department, physicians, departmental leadership/associates, and other departments as needed to facilitate daily operations and patient throughput in the Electrophysiology Laboratory (EP Lab).Responsible for work/call schedules, daily associate assignments, associate onboarding, and associate evaluations. Collects and tracks data to ensure processes are working as intended. Works to identify and minimize risks to patients/associates/physicians and participates in risk management/complaint reviews as needed. Works with department leadership to ensure costs are in line with budget through appropriate labor/supply utilization management. Position focuses on patient and associate satisfaction and associate development. Operates all equipment, computers, and digital imaging/processing equipment in the EP Lab. Performs duties such as scrub assistant, procedure documentation/hemodynamic monitoring, patient transportation, and safe X-ray equipment operation/digital processing as needed. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development to perform procedures on and assist in the care of the adolescent, adult, and geriatric patient. A current Texas Registered Nurse (RN) or Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) or Limited-MRT (LMRT-Cardiovascular) license will be required for this position prior to employment.
- Education/Professional Qualifications: Graduate of a diploma, associate, or baccalaureate academic program in health science (nursing, cardiovascular technology, or radiologic technology) yielding RN, RT(R), RCIS, or RCES credential is required.
- Training/Skills: Excellent interpersonal, communication, and critical thinking skills required.Prior Cath Lab leadership and advanced computer system skills preferred.
- One to three years Cath Lab procedural experience required; three or more years preferred
C. Licenses,Registrations, or Certifications
- Current RN, RT(R), RCIS, or RCES minimally required
- Current Texas License (RN, MRT, LMRT)
- Current BLS required
- Current ACLS required