Electroencephalogram Technician Senior - Imaging Neurophys EEG
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital
Share This Job On
Electroencephalogram Technician Senior - Imaging Neurophys EEG Job in San Antonio
This position is responsible for performing standard and complex electroencephalographs, EEG long term video, 12 and 15 lead EKG's, holter monitor hookup, cardiac event monitor hookup, and cardiac exercise treadmill testing in the pediatric setting ranging from newborn to young adults. Must be skilled in working with pediatric patients with a wide variety of complex medical and psychosocial conditions. Must have patience and compassion to work with patients who may be ill or frightened. Must be technology-minded, detail-oriented and able to follow precise directions.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Completion of Medical Assistant Program or one year of career oriented college credits (24 credit hours) is preferred.
- 2-3 years experience in performing pediatric and adult EKG or EEG in a non-invasive Cardiology / Neuro-diagnostic clinical setting is required.
- 1 year experience in pediatric and adult Stress testing, holter monitor hook-up and holter scanning is preferred.
- BLS is required.
- Must have certification in EKG and EEG within within 1 years of hire.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.