Apply Now EEG tech Registered/Part-time Job in Santa fe
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs complex EEG and Evoked Potential procedures that meet the established standards published by the American Society EEG Technology (ASET). Clerical duties in support of above.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required.
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Certification by American Board of Registered EEG Technologists.
- Demonstrated proficiency in EEG
- Must be computer literate and have working knowledge of general office equipment
- Requires a working knowledge of various software applications such as Cerner, Affinity, hospital software applications, Internet, excel and word
- Effective human relation skills
- Effective telephone skills
- Must be able to maintain absolute confidentiality.
EXPERIENCE: 2 years EEG and Evoked Potential experience preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Executive Director of Diagnostic and Respiratory Therapy Service Lines.
ENVIRONMENT: In all clinical areas of hospital there is possible exposure to contagion. There is occasional agitated patient. Can be high stress with frequent time pressures. Rare exposure to chemicals, specifically collodion and acetone. Up to several hours sitting or standing.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Excellent eye/hand coordination, good vision including color. Good hearing and articulation. Able to push/pull equipment weighing over 40 pounds. Must be able to lift and transfer up to 40 pounds. Must be able to assist in patient transfer.