Educator Respiratory II - Respiratory Therapy Job in San Antonio
Works under the supervision of the Cardiopulmonary Director and Medical Director of Respiratory Care Services. The Critical Care Educator is responsible to maintain education, certifications and policy and procedures that are required by the Regulatory Agencies for all Respiratory Care staff associates that work in critical care.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- 4 year BA/BS degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Must be a graduate of a C.A.A.H.E.P. approved respiratory therapy program.
- Ability to concentrate and make quick judgements with a high level of skill, knowledge, understanding and accuracy.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- May be asked to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Must have at least 3 or more year of NICU/PICU experience.
- Current practitioner’s license in the state of Texas is required.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist is required.
- CPR certification is required.
- NRP certification is required PALS Certification is required
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.