ED Tech- Emergency Dept
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd
CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical Center Longview
700 East Marshall Avenue
Longview, TX 75601
Share This Job On
Apply Now ED Tech- Emergency Dept Job in Longview
The ED Tech assists in providing quality patient care by performing technical and nurse delegated tasks for infant, pediatric and adult patients in the Emergency Department. These tasks are carried out according to hospital/EMS policy, hospital mission statement, Texas Department of Health EMS Standards and the delegation rules as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners Rules and Regulations relating to professional practice
- EMT Basic or EMT Intermediate certification required
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Clinical experience -- 6 months training preferred
- Experience in related field preferred
- Positive attitude with advanced customer service and public relations experience preferred.
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer literacy is desired