Apply Now ED Tchn ECC Emerg Care MFH Tyler B Job in Tyler
The Emergency Department Technician requires the skills and knowledge of many areas such as: ED Tech, Patient Registrar, Unit Clerk, and Monitor Tech. The Emergency Department Tech performs a variety of RN delegated tasks under the supervision of a registered nurse. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with training, competence and skill. He/she is knowledgeable of and follows all hospital policies and procedures. Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
• Assists with admission, transfer, and discharges of patients.
• Commensurate with training, observes patient’s condition, recognizes changes in patient status, and reports findings to the RN.
• Escorts stable patients to other departments as required.
• Cleans, procures, and returns equipment and supplies.
• Assists with ordering and maintaining stock items.
• Maintains competency to perform special procedures such as: venipuncture, splinting, staple and suture removal, nonsterile dressing changes, peak expiration flow rate, pulse oximetry, and crutch training.
• As delegated, sets up for Emergency Department procedures and assists the RN as directed.
• As delegated by the RN, operates patient monitoring equipment, records, rhythm strips, runs 12 lead EKGs, biomarkers, and glucometer readings.
• Performs phlebotomy, collects laboratory specimens as ordered, and inserts saline lock under the direction of the RN.
• Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the population-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
• Appropriately adapts assigned patient assessment, treatment, and/or care methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age specific and other developmental needs of each patient served.
• Under the direction of the Registered Nurse, performs duties of a clerical and non-nursing nature on the nursing units. Activities include serving as a receptionist for the unit, transcribing orders and requesting items for patient care, and assisting with maintaining patient, unit, and hospital records.
• As a Patient Registrar - Greet all patients as they arrive in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner; Demonstrate and maintain a working knowledge of customer service principles, and departmental expectations regarding customer service. Show concern for patient problems and ensure comfort of the patient while waiting to be registered or seen by the provider. Document in the computer system all necessary demographic, insurance, and financial information. Compile or retrieve scheduled reports from computer system.
• Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS Health.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 1 year, 2 year preferred of patient care experience in an emergency department, EMT field/Emergency Care, or military medic setting required.
* Basic Life Support
* EMT Basic Arkansas
* EMT Basic Louisiana
* Emergency Medical Technician Basic New Mexico
* EMT Intermediate Arkansas
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
* EMT Intermediate Louisiana
* EMT Intermediate New Mexico
* EMT Intermediate Texas
* Certified Nursing Assistant Arkansas
* Certified Nursing Assistant Louisiana
* Certified Nursing Assistant New Mexico
* Certified Medical Assistant
* Certified Patient Care Tech
* Certified Nursing Assistant Texas
* EMT Basic Texas
* EMT Paramedic Texas
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.