Echocardiogram Technician Extern - Tyler
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances
CHRISTUS TMF Louis Peaches Owen Heart Hospital
Share This Job On
Echocardiogram Technician Extern - Tyler Job in Tyler
Provides professional care to all customers needing their services by producing high quality Radiographs (chest, upper and lower extremities, Spine (AP/PA, Lateral and lateral flexion/extension, AP/Lateral Shoulder, AP Clavicle, AP Scapula, AP/PA Pelvis, Skull/Sinus AP/PA, Lateral, Townes, Caldwell, & Waters) under the direction of a Radiologist and Radiology Technologist. Maintains steady flow, to facilitate efficient workflow. Assist radiology technologists during portable exams and fluoroscopy procedures. Perform clerical duties including: answering phone, entering information into computer. Transport patients to and from imaging suite. Continuous light housekeeping duties, stock supplies and linen.
- Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of human anatomy and function, positioning and principles of radiographic imaging for approved procedures.
- Follows universal precautions and standard infection control procedures with each patient, assuring that all supplies and linen exposed to bodily fluids are properly disposed of immediately after use. Ensures the operation and sterility of the equipment and supplies used during procedures: Cleans equipment after each patient, following infection control standards; ensures that the room is cleaned after each patient.
- Accuracy of Patient Identification: Consistently checks patient’s ID bracelet and patient identifiers to assure proper patient identification prior to exam.
- Follows department guidelines while transporting patients. Patient is protected from possible injury by use of side rails and/or safety straps; patient's privacy is protected by fully covering patient; patient's dignity and comfort are always considered. Properly transfers patients to and from department without causing unnecessary delays in workflow or unnecessary waiting time for patient.
- Follows department pre-procedure policy: Consistently introduces self to patient and explains procedure and any wait time. Treats patient with dignity, respect and compassion. Documents required history, checks patient consent, prepares room, supplies and equipment prior to starting exam.
- Prepares images for reading: Processes images and sends to PACS within 30 minutes of exam completion; assuring images have crossed over to PACS.
- Maintains steady work flow: Assures smooth function of and good operation of the
- department, thereby providing timely patient care and achieving maximum productivity with utmost quality.
- Keeps accurate records of all exams: Consistently enters information accurately in
- RIS and PACS as soon as exam is completed (record procedures). Does not enter credits and cancellations without the permission from supervisor.
- Patient Assessment: Assesses patient condition pre, post, and during procedures.
- Completes duties by end of shift: Before end of shift, makes sure all images are ready for reading, room is cleaned, restocked and all documentation is completed.
- Assists technologist in department moving patients, holding patients, and preparing patients for exams including portable exams.
- Communication: Reviews emails. Identifies problems and communicates with supervisor.
- Adheres to CMS, TJC, ACR, and TDSHS regulations. Reports any violation to department supervisor.
- Demonstrates responsibility in the use of hospital properly; follows manufactories instructions while using equipment; immediately reports problems and/or malfunctions; cleans equipment after use; uses supplies conservatively to reduce waste; does not use hospital properly for personal use.
- Follows hospital policies and procedures regarding: attendance and tardiness, attire and appearance, safety precautions, in-service programs and departmental meetings, infection control and safety programs and hospital policies and departmental rules.
- Follows the CHRISTUS Health Guidelines related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected Health Information (PHI).
- Associate timely complete all required educational assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent; currently enrolled in an accredited school of Radiology Technology.
- Previous hospital experience preferred.
- American Heart Associate BLS required
- TMB Non-Certified Radiology Technician required
Per Diem As Needed
We now have RECRUITER ON DEMAND to enhance your candidate experience.
If you want to talk to a recruiter NOW and it’s Monday-Thursday 9:00am to 3:00pm, please click the link below! We would love to tell you more about this position.
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Meeting ID: 217 337 565 548
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.