Apply Now Echocardiogram Tech - Cardiology Non Invasive Job in San Antonio
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System is about people. People we meet and care for; people whose lives we enhance, and those whose lives we save. CHRISTUS is about the people who work here: our award-winning medical staff, dedicated housekeeping staff, compassionate nurses and patient-focused ancillary staff. We're about people who need us, from small bumps to massive trauma, no matter their economic bracket. We're about the people of San Antonio, New Braunfels, and all the South Texas communities we serve. Since 1869, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System has grown and flourished just as South Texas has grown. We remain the only Catholic faith-based, non-profit health care system in San Antonio and New Braunfels. Our healing ministry now includes five full-service hospitals with 1,159 licensed beds, and a number of specialty centers.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa family!
The Department of Non-Invasive Imaging at the Children’s Hospital of San Antonio is seeking an Echo Sonographer to perform echocardiographic diagnostic exams in an inpatient and outpatient setting in accordance with department protocols for digital acquisition and hospital policies and procedures. In this position, you will perform independent echocardiographic exams on patients who range in age from neonates to adults.
New graduates will be provided on the job training and are expected to become proficient and competent in their knowledge of the field of pediatric echocardiography and comprehension of anatomy and physiology.
Seasoned applicants are expected to perform independently, high quality normal and complex echocardiographic exams enabling the pediatric cardiology staff to make accurate diagnosis of various congenital and acquired pediatric heart abnormalities.
·Diploma from a school of ultrasound technology or A Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science
· 1 year of experience as an ECHO Sonographer, preferably in a pediatric environment knowledge of echocardiographic procedures
· Ability to learn ultrasound equipment with specialized Cardiology software and operate at a basic level the following equipment: blood pressure monitor and pulse oximeter, and desktop computer
· Certified Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer from American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
· Certified Registered Cardiac Sonographer from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
· Certified Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
· Certified in Pediatrics or eligible for certification preferred.
· New graduates must complete process to attain echocardiography certification within 12 months of hire
· BLS required