Apply Now Division Chief, Pediatric Hospital Medicine Physician Job in San Antonio
The Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an outstanding leader to serve as Division Chief and lead the Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine at CHRISTUS Children's.
The division currently consists of 11 pediatric hospital medicine physicians with a highly successful fellowship program. The position will have dedicated administrative time to develop and grow the division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine. The position is employed by Baylor College of Medicine and offers a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- Provides strong leadership to the division to provide the most outstanding medical care, quality, research, and education possible.
- Develops long-range plans for the division.
- Recommends division appointments and promotions to the Chair of Pediatrics.
- Stimulates and supports research studies in the division.
- Demands the highest quality of medical care for patients.
- Demonstrates and demands the highest ethical and professional behavior.
- Helps to manage budgets and maintain positive financial performance for the division.
The successful candidate would be board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Hospital Medicine and must be eligible for academic rank of associate professor or full professor at Baylor College of Medicine. Excellence in clinical care, quality, teaching, team building, and scholarly achievements are required. The Division Chief is responsible for overseeing the division of pediatric hospital medicine and developing an outstanding team of physicians to follow the vision of the division, which is to provide excellent service to sick children, families and referring physicians and facilities. It is expected that approximate amount of the time will be devoted to administrative responsibilities. Experience in administrative leadership and mentoring junior faculty is highly desired.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.