Dispatch/Communication Tech- Telecommunications
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa
SRHC Shared Services-30600
333 N Santa Rosa St
San Antonio, TX 78207
Share This Job On
Apply Now Dispatch/Communication Tech- Telecommunications Job in San Antonio
The Dispatch Communications Tech is responsible for providing the first impression of our hospitals to all individuals who seek information, assistance placing calls and overhead paging. Under the supervision of the Telecommunications supervisor, the Dispatch Communications Tech answers all incoming calls to the hospital; operates the paging systems; responds to emergency codes and equipment needs; assists in placing long distance calls as needed and authorized; monitors and operates security CCTV, emergency audio/visual functions, alarms (security, maintenance and medical) and announces emergency codes (Blue/Cardiac, Red/Fire, Gray/Disaster, Pink/Infant Abduction, etc.) Performs all duties in a manner that meets or exceeds customer expectations as required in support of the Security and Telecommunications Departments. .
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two (2) years previous healthcare experience with PBX/Call Center/Dispatch or similar telecommunications equipment and personal computers is preferred.
- Calmly and appropriately responds to emergency situations; multi-task and prioritize, possesses problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, analyze and interpret information simultaneously and effectively.
- Must be able to operate a computer for inquiry and input purposes.
- Must communicate clearly and effectively with all internal and external customers to include problem identification.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Normal office conditions to include long periods of sitting.
- Must be able to perform all duties in a fast paced and stressful environment.
License, Registrations, and Certifications: