Apply Now Discharge Planner Case Management/ Per Diem Job in Santa Fe
DEPARTMENT: Case management
POSITION SUMMARY: The discharge planner is responsible for negotiating, procuring, and coordinating appropriate services and resources needed by patients after the acute inpatient phase. This position is able to perform non-complex discharge planning such as returns to nursing homes, ordering of DME, Home Health, and the faxing of referrals to placements.
EDUCATION: High school diploma; Bachelor's degree preferred
CERTIFICATION/LICENSES: Preferred medical license but not required ie: MA (medical assistant) or CNA (certified Nursing Assistant)
- Must possess excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to multitask at a high level
- Ability to think globally and work in a team.
- Evidence of a strong track record of interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrates the ability to be open to new ways of doing things
EXPERIENCE: 2 years in the medical field preferred.
NATURE OF SUPERVISION:
-Responsible to: Supervisor and Director of Case Management
- Bloodborne pathogen
Must be able to lift 25 pounds