Apply Now Director Talent Acquisition Job in Corpus Christi
The Director Talent Acquisition is responsible for the functionality and operation of all System Office recruitment activities including, but not limited to, developing and managing practices and procedures related to recruiting, screening and interviewing applicants for positions in the System Office and in other locations supported by System Human Resource Services. Practices and procedures are to be managed ensuring they are compliant with CHRISTUS Health policies and with federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Director of Talent Acquisition performs all duties using principles of value-based decision making and stewardship of resources in order to strengthen CHRISTUS Health's mission and ministry.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develops recruitment strategies to identify qualified candidates for employment
• Meets with leadership to develop specific recruiting plans
• Develops and maintains professional relationships with college, university and community college placement offices as a source to generate qualified applicants
• Directs the efforts of employment agencies, search firms and other recruitment service vendors including negotiating and controlling employment and recruitment related fees
• Schedules and attends job/career fairs with appropriate staff as a source to generate qualified applicants
• Ensures recruiters are providing information to potential applicants on company operations and job opportunities
• Develops processes to screen and refer qualified applicants to hiring managers for interviewing
• Reviews and determines approval for adverse reference and/or background checks and ensures notification to applications is performed according to federal and state regulations
• Develops and conducts training programs for managers designed to improve recruiting and hiring efficiencies and reduce turnover
- Bachelor degree preferred with a minimum of four (4) years direct human resource/recruitment experience.Additional experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- Advanced proficiency with HRIS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools.
- Advanced proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent knowledge of principles and practices of Human Resource administration (including, but not limited to, policy development, Affirmative Action, regulatory matters regarding recruitment and hiring practices.)
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
- Four (4) years direct Human Resource/Recruitment experience.
- Previous exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- PHR/SPHR preferred