Director Respiratory Services Job in Tyler
Directs the activities of associates providing a variety of diagnostic and treatment procedures for patients with sleep disorders and pulmonary diseases. Establishes necessary policies, procedures, standards and objectives to provide the highest standards of patient care. Determines staffing, equipment needs of department and is accountable for budgetary goals.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Meets expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of Others, or Leader of Leaders.
• Plan, direct and control the scope of practice and unit activities within the goals and objectives of hospital administration. Interact with other departments to resolve problems, establish new policies, service and provide consultative services for outside affiliates.
• Schedule the effective and efficient utilization of staff and equipment to meet the prescribed demand.
• Control materials, supplies, equipment and procedures performed. Ensure optimal working conditions and cleanliness of equipment at all times. Ensure that JCAHO, OSHA, State Respiratory Care Board and other federal regulations and standards are met.
• Provide direction and support to subordinate supervisors and staff to assure departmental effectiveness and efficiency.
• Assist in the development of unit objectives, which contribute to the achievement of the organization’s strategic plan.
• Research, analyze and recommend possible new services to enhance and increase the revenue base of the department.
• Develops, monitors and adjusts the operating budget, as reviewed and approved by the appropriate management.
• Consults with medical, nursing and other administrative staff on a regular basis to coordinate patient care.
• Demonstrates competence to perform assigned patient care responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of patients served by the department.
• Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
• Demonstrates adherence to the CORE Values of CSRHC.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• See licensure and/or certification requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
· Minimum 5 years of clinical experience
· Minimum 2 years of prior leadership experience
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· RT or RCP License in state of employment
· RT PERM or RCP PERM License in state of employment
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.