Director Quality Management - Quality Assurance
Quality and Risk Management
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi Shoreline
Share This Job On
Apply Now Director Quality Management - Quality Assurance Job in Corpus Christi
Responsible for researching and recommending the annual quality management objectives. Facilitates medical staff and other committee meetings that are conducting quality and peer review activities. Directs the daily activities of the Quality Management Department. Designs the measurement techniques, audits and data reports which evaluate the attainment of the quality objectives of the hospital, region, and system. Educates the hospital and medical staff on matters related to quality. The Quality Director oversees and coordinates the process of regulatory accreditation including preparing and monitoring the hospital staff for a constant state of readiness, compliance with standards, and promoting a culture of safety. In collaboration with CHRISTUS Health & CHRISTUS Hospital Senior leaders, facility leaders, physicians and the Board of Directors, he/she collaborates with other leaders to develop the strategic direction for the overall delivery of high quality patient care across the continuum of health care service specifically related to improving organizational performance. This position is responsible for the design, implementation, tracking, and reporting of clinical quality of care and patient safety efforts in alignment with the corporate strategies for performance improvement.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a clinical area or related healthcare field; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive experience in healthcare dealing with quality management, medical staff, systems improvement and accreditation standards.
- If RN, requires current RN license for the state that the CHRISTUS Hospital is located in.