Director Physician Compensation Job in Irving
The Director of Physician Compensation leads the CHRISTUS Healthcare System's development of physician and advanced practice clinicians (Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners) compensation standards and manages the compensation review process across sites throughout the organization, while embedded within CHRISTUS Physician Group. This position maintains and makes recommendations related to physician and advanced practice clinician compensation. The Director provides leadership and competency on physician compensation matters. This role is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of specific pay practices to ensure legal compliance with company policies, state, and federal regulations. The Director of Physician Compensation manages and coaches support staff in the data analysis and implementation of physician and other designated non-physician functions.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates physician compensation strategies and models which align with financial and organization objectives, and incentize physician productivity and performance.
- Works in conjunction with executive management and legal counsel to develop new agreements and make necessary revisions to existing agreements.
- Maintains the database of all existing agreements and is responsible for assuring communication of all changes with financial and/or budgetary impact.
- Responsible oversight of physician Continuing Medical Education expense tracking and reimbursement.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly payments are made to contract physicians and monthly time logs are received, completed and comply with established duties outlined in physician contract.
- Responsible for ensuring monthly payments are made related to medical director, administrative and other duties that may be performed by employed physicians. Requires reconciliation of supporting documents to established duties outlined in physician contracts.
- Responsible for accuracy of supporting documentation for contracts and completing documents required by Legal and Compliance.
- Takes appropriate actions to facilitate the timely flow of contract documents through the approval process and that all appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Utilizes developed close relationships, communicating as needed, to ensure the timely execution of the contracts.
- Performs financial modeling, conducts internal valuations and assessments and/or obtains external valuations for each agreement to ensure compliance with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Maintains current knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements related to physician contracts.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred