5 DAYS - 8 HOURS
Director Philanthropy - Foundation Admin
CHRISTUS Childrens Hospital Foundations
Share This Job On
Director Philanthropy - Foundation Admin Job in San Antonio
This job is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of business and individual donor prospects with a capacity to make gifts of $25,000 and above to support CHRISTUS Health. The Director of Philanthropy/Major Gifts Officer will manage relationships with approximately 100 prospective donors and will steward these relationships for the Foundation. This job also includes the development and leadership of a comprehensive Grateful Patient & Family Program strategy.
The CHRISTUS Children’s Hospital, established in 1959, was the first children’s hospital in South-Central Texas. Located downtown, this 190-plus-bed hospital serves more than 70,000 children annually from San Antonio, South Texas and around the world. The hospital (in partnership with Baylor College of Medicine) is the only academic children’s hospital in San Antonio. Our highly specialized services meet the unique medical needs of children, from Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care to Children’s Emergency Services, the latest treatments for deformities of the spine including titanium rib implants and halo traction, a Heart Center, a specialized asthma program, a highly regarded Cancer and Blood Disorders Center, and growing maternal services to include consultation, delivery, and maternal fetal medicine.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (liberal arts or business major preferred); Master’s Preferred.
- Six years philanthropy, marketing and/or public relations experience.
- Experience as a staff member in a major philanthropy program is preferred.
- Experience with a national health agency or SA based non-profit is preferred.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge Software preferred.
- Experience in healthcare fundraising is highly desirable.
- Successful experience in making cold calls as well as developing cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of completing assignments
- None required. Previous active participation in AFP, AHP and/or CASE preferred. Participation in one of the above will be strongly suggested as a member of the Foundation Staff.
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.